Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Jefferson Postdoctoral Association
The goals of the Jefferson Postdoctoral Association (JPA) are to provide a channel for communication, promote understanding and intellectual stimulation and improve the position of postdoctoral fellows in training and extracurricular matters at Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University).
The JPA works closely with Dr. Lisa Kozlowski, Associate Dean for Student & Postdoctoral Affairs, to improve the training experience for postdocs at Jefferson by addressing institutional policies regarding postdoctoral fellows and running regular events such as:
- Monthly Technical Skills Seminar Series
- Bi-monthly open meetings
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Program
- Social hours & gatherings
- Professional development workshops
International Postdoctoral Committee
To ensure a smooth transition to Thomas Jefferson University and the U.S. for international postdocs, JPA formed an International Postdoctoral Committee (IPC). This committee meets monthly with Dr. Lisa Kozlowski and a representative from the Office of International Affairs.
The major aims of this committee are to:
- Provide country-specific information to international postdocs, before and after they arrive at Thomas Jefferson University
- Increase interactions among international postdocs by arranging social events
National Postdoctoral Association
Thomas Jefferson University is a member of the National Postdoctoral Association. For more information visit their website.