Fall 2021 Program will be held virtually from October- December.
Application due by Friday, October 1, 2021.
As the middle school component of the Future Health Professionals Program, the Saturday Academy is a program in which local students participate in educational activities for six Saturdays throughout the academic year. Students participate in basic science lectures that serve as supplementary education in anatomy/physiology, biology, chemistry, and math/biostatistics with a laboratory component that helps them gain laboratory skills. Additional experiental education opportunities focused on health related professions are also integrated throughout the program each afternoon.
The overarching themes of Saturday Academy are to:
- Provide supplemental enrichment opportunities in STEM subjects for Philadelphia 7th & 8th graders
- Engage students in activities that are hands-on and fun
- Encourage students to take a team based approach while participating in the discovery process
- Serve as preparation for future education opportunities
Audience: Rising 7th and 8th grade students who are interested in STEM and the health sciences
Location: Virtual this Fall 2021
Dates: Oct. 16, Oct. 30, Nov. 13, Dec. 4
Times: Virtually 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm.
A completed application includes the following:
- Submission of application form (above).
- Completion of the Teach Recommendation form to be submitted by the teacher separately)