How to Apply to Dual Degrees, Jeff LPHT & Graduate Certificate
We are pleased that you have decided to apply to the Jefferson College of Population Health!
JCPH has partnered with SOPHAS Express, the national centralized application service, to collect and manage applications for the Public Health dual degree, Jeff LPHT and graduate certificate programs.
Once you have completed and submitted the online portion of the SOPHAS Express application, you will need to provide some supplemental information as outlined below.
Submit the following via SOPHAS Express:
- Online application. Click "submit" and pay the fee.
- Personal statement/essay of 300-500 words describing your interest in the MPH program. Including your personal experiences and how they relate to your goals and expectations for the program.
- Letters of Recommendation
Dual Degree applicants should identify one faculty member or dean from their current program who supports their plan to complete graduate training in Public Health and can speak to their ability to succeed.
JeffLPHT and Graduate Certificate applicants should identify two individuals who can speak to their ability to succeed in the Public Health Program. These letters can be from faculty members, employers, volunteer coordinators or supervisors.
4. CV Resume
Submit the following documents to Jefferson College of Population Health, Admissions and Recruitment Manager, 901 Walnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19107 or via email to April.Smith@jefferson.edu.
- Official transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate accredited institutions you have attended even if the courses were transferred to another program. If your courses were completed outside the United States, you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency. All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to JCPH. JCPH accepts any one of the following to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
a. Native English speaker from one of these countries (PDF)
b. Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
c. U.S. national or state licensure or certification in a medical, nursing or allied health field.
d. Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing – 21, Speaking – 23, Reading – 21 and Listening – 22.
e. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are valid for two years with an overall score of 6.5 and individual scores as follows: Listening – 6.5, Reading – 7, Writing – 6 and Speaking – 7. Please use code 5688 to submit your TOEFL scores directly to SOPHAS.
NOTE: Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email to allow mail from Jefferson.edu.
JCPH accepts applications on a continuing basis. You may apply at any time throughout the year, but it is best to submit your completed application as early as possible,
The latest date to submit an online application for fall (September) admission is July 1. The last date to submit an online application for the spring (January) is November 1. The latest dates to receive the supporting documentation are July 15 and November 15, respectively.
Applications are reviewed once the complete application—online application and supporting documentation—is received. You can expect to receive a response within three to four weeks after your completed application has been verified by SOPHAS Express.