How to Apply to Dual Degrees, Jeff LPHT and Graduate Certificate
We are pleased that you have decided to apply to the Jefferson College of Population Health!
- JCPH has partnered with SOPHAS Express, the national centralized application service, to collect and manage applications for the Public Health dual degree, Jeff LPHT and graduate certificate programs.
- Once you have completed and submitted the online portion of the SOPHAS Express application, you will need to provide some supplemental information as outlined below.
- Complete the online application. Click "submit" and pay the fee.
- Submit the following documents to SOPHAS Express:
- Official transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate accredited institutions you have attended even if the courses were transferred to another program. If your courses were completed outside the United States, you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- Personal statement/essay. This should include your personal experiences and how they relate to your goals and expectations for the MPH program.
- Three letters of recommendation. Please be sure that the letters are from at least two different sources (i.e., faculty member, employer, volunteer coordinator/supervisor).
NOTE: Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email to allow mail from Jefferson.edu.
- JCPH accepts applications on a continuing basis. You may apply at any time throughout the year, but it is best to submit your completed application as early as possible,
- The latest date to submit an online application for fall (September) admission is July 1. The last date to submit an online application for the spring (January) is November 1. The latest dates to receive the supporting documentation are July 15 and November 15, respectively.
- MD/MPH applicants who wish to be considered for the Gonnella Scholarship must complete the application by March 31 (fall admission).
- Applications are reviewed once the complete application—online application and supporting documentation—is received. You can expect to receive a response within three to four weeks after your completed application has been verified by SOPHAS Express.