The mission of the Jefferson Autism Center is to be an international hub of Autism activities dedicated to: high impact research, forward thinking education and training, innovative community outreach and programs of global distinction.
Improves lives of those with Autism across the lifespan through:
- Conducting cutting edge research that informs care and improves quality of life
- Educating the next generation with evidence-based, value added clinical and research skills
- Spearheading community outreach to advance function and independence though:
- Linking Jefferson with the Philadelphia community
- Pioneering an interprofessional student collaboration and outreach through the Autism Advocacy Group
- Responding to the national need for employment of persons with Autism
Listen to Dr. Roseann Schaaf discuss the evidence based practice, occupational therapy using Ayres Sensory Integration, for children with autism.