Thomas Jefferson University

Student Personal Counseling Center

The years of college, graduate school, and medical training can be among the most exciting and gratifying of a person’s life.  However, being a student can also cause significant amounts of stress and uncertainty.  During these times, students may find it helpful to have additional support and encouragement. The counselors of the Student Personal Counseling Center (SPCC) are available to provide the assistance and guidance students need during times of difficulty and or crisis. 

Many concerns may lead a student to seek counseling, some of which are listed below.  Counselors at the SPCC encourage students to come in with any issue – no problem is “too small” to talk about.

  • Stress or anxiety
  • Depressed mood
  • Relationship problems
  • Difficulties adjusting to College and academic problems
  • Personal or family crisis
  • Alcohol or drug problems
  • Thoughts about death or suicide

If you or someone you know are concerned about any of these or other issues, please call the SPCC at (215) 503-2817.  The SPCC offers crisis consultation, individual counseling, couples counseling, and psychiatric consultation for students.  SPCC counselors and psychiatrists are available for in-person crisis intervention weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.  Dr. Deanna Nobleza, M.D., Director of the SPCC, is also available for urgent phone consultations by calling the SPCC phone number at (215) 503-2817 and then dialing [1] and then [0]. 

After hours and on weekends, all students who are on campus and experiencing an emergency should call 811 from any Jefferson campus phone or call (215) 955-8888. Students off campus experiencing any emergency, should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. On-campus students should go to the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Emergency Room, located in the Main Hospital Building at 10th and Sansom (215-955-6060) and ask to speak to the Psychiatry Resident on Call.

In the News

Thefts in Center City Buildings on Rise:

Call 811 if You See Something Suspicious
More info...

Safety Bulletins

Read More