We offer individual appointments in-person and over the phone on the following topics:
- Job search strategies (including positions locally, nationwide, and internationally)
- Resume, CV, and cover letter reviews
- LinkedIn profile reviews (and help with using LinkedIn as part of your job search)
- Informational Interviewing - how to use networking to learn about organizations and find opportunities
- Mock Interviews – Counselors will practice interview questions with students and provide feedback
- Career Inventories/Assessments – MBTI, Strong Interest Inventory
- Personal Career Planning
- Special topics: (e.g. disclosing a disability to an employer, overcoming potential barriers to employment, career changing, returning to workforce, etc.)
Schedule an appointment via Symplicity!
Symplicity, your online career management system
- Students & alumni post resumes/CVs, search for jobs and find employer contacts
- Employers post job openings and search for candidates
- Plus: receive a resume review, sign up for workshops, find career handouts, and more!
Jefferson Career Center Network on LinkedIn
Network with Jefferson students and alumni, gain career advice, and discuss topics in healthcare
Career Resource Library, located in the Edison Building, Suite 1120
- Regional and industry-specific employer guides, plus trade publications
- Resources on special topics such as overcoming barriers to employment and disability & the job search
- Guides on working/volunteering abroad...and much more!
Workshops & Webinars
Workshops and webinars are presented periodically on a wide variety of career development topics. Workshops are usually held in the Career Development Center, and we also offer them in-class and for student organizations upon request. Register for workshops and webinars through Symplicity or contact us to speak to your class or club.
Topics include: Resume Writing, Job Search Strategies, Interviewing Skills, Evaluating & Negotiating Job Offers, and LinkedIn Basics, MBTI & Leadership, Interviewing from the Manager’s Perspective, Portfolios, Multi-generational Communication, as well as field-specific programs
Career Fairs & Events
- Two annual career fairs held on-campus – one each fall and spring semester
- Annual Philadelphia Non-Profit Career Fair via consortium of regional universities
- Participating College for Campus Philly’s annual Opportunity Fair
- Employer Luncheon Series
- Etiquette Dinner for all programs/majors