Jeff Alumni Chats
Connecting Students with Alumni!
The Jeff Alumni Chats Program is designed to help students prepare for life after Jefferson and link them with alumni nationwide in a growing network of volunteers.
This is a great way for students to get a head start and gain insight into career paths they are most interested in pursuing!
How does the program work?
- Alumni and current students who sign up for the program are matched for one-on-one, informal conversations that take place either in person over coffee, tea, or snacks; on the phone; or through a virtual platform (e.g., FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- The two will connect and must have their first chat within the first month of being matched, with both participants having the option to conclude their conversation after the first meeting or continue to meet for additional chats.
- Up to 2 additional chats may be held after the initial meeting, for a total of 3.
- Conversations may revolve around any topics related to students' Jefferson studies/experience and careers, which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Career choice
- Continuing education
- Work-life balance
- School advice
- The Alumni Relations Office will follow up with participants to request their feedback and help refine this program for future participants.
Space is limited for students, so sign up today!
How do alumni participate?
Simply complete the Volunteer Interest Form, and we will make sure to record your information. We will then reach out to you if and when a match is needed, and provide further instruction.
How do students participate?
Taking part in Jeff Alumni Chats is easy! Follow the steps below:
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about the program and how it works.
- Sign up for the program by filling out the Student Request Form. The Office of Alumni Relations will work quickly to try to match you with an alumni volunteer.
- If you are matched with an alumnus/a, promptly follow up with them after Alumni Relations provides the introduction to coordinate and schedule an in-person or virtual meeting by phone call or video chat (e.g., Zoom, Facetime, Skype, etc.). Please keep them updated if anything comes up that may delay your conversation.
- During your meeting, be gracious and respectful. Get to know them; ask questions about the region, employer, area, or industry; share your experiences; and most importantly, enjoy your chat.
- Once your meeting is complete, follow up with a thank you note to your match. Please also let the Alumni Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) know the meeting has been completed and share any feedback on the experience so we can continue to improve the program. You are welcome and encouraged to stay in touch with your alumni match and keep them posted on where you end up!
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or 215-955-7750.