JCLS Alumni Association
The Jefferson College of Life Sciences (JCLS) Alumni Association represents more than 2,500 graduates. All alumni of JCLS (formerly the Jefferson College of Biomedical Sciences) programs, including Philadelphia University legacy programs, become members of the Association upon graduation.
By staying engaged with Jefferson, you will find opportunities to connect with classmates and faculty, mentor current students, and shape your career path.
JCLS Alumni Celebration | April 2020
Join the Jefferson College of Life Sciences Alumni Association for its annual celebration!
Alumni of Jefferson, Textile, and Philadelphia University undergraduate, postbaccalaureate, masters, PhD, and post-doctoral programs are invited to join faculty, staff, program directors, students, and trainees for virtual programs throughout the month.
JCLS Alumni Association Annual Business Meeting
Monday, April 12, 2021 | 6-7:30 p.m. EDT
Dean Gerald B. Grunwald, PhD, and the Alumni Board share updates on students and trainees, the College, and the Alumni Association.
Early Career Alumni Award Recipient Lecture
Thursday, April 22, 2021 | 7-8 p.m. EDT
"The Journey to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Perspectives from a Latinx Genetic Counselor"—Joanna Mercado, MS '19
Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient Lecture
Thursday, April 29, 2021 | 7-8 p.m. EDT
"Basic and Translational Science in the Time of the Immune Revolution in Cancer"—Daniel Powell, Jr., PhD ’02
JCLS Alumni Association Board
- Elaine Z. Francis, PhD '78 Anatomy
President & Chair, Bylaws Committee
- Nicholas Siciliano, PhD '15 Immunology & Microbial Pathology
Vice President & Chair, Alumni Awards Committee
- James Foley, PhD '76 Physiology
- Lisa M. Ambrose-Lanci, PhD '09 Molecular Cell Biology
- Pooja (Talati) Bhavsar, PhD '15 Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Chair, Nominating Committee
- Michael S. Blank, PhD '79 Physiology, FACB
Immediate Past President & Chair, Strategic Initiatives Committee
- Tom Knudsen, PhD '81 Anatomy
- Crystal Kraft, PhD '16 Cell & Developmental Biology
- Michael A. Matrone, BS '02 Biology, PhD
- Michael J. Powell, PhD '11 Genetics
- Kevin Renahan, MS '11 Pharmacology
- Adam E. Snook, PhD '08 Immunology