Class Agent Program
The objective of the Class Agent Program is to engage the alumni community through class liaisons and peers, in conjunction with Alumni Relations programming and reunions, to enhance alumni engagement, participation, and overall annual support of Jefferson. Additionally, to increase engagement, the Class Agent’s role is to help build trust and goodwill between Jefferson and the alumni community.
Alumni classes are welcome to recruit more than one Class Agent to share responsibilities and provide volunteers with the opportunity to participate in various meaningful ways. In addition, Class Agents can assist each other by supporting:
- Class Engagement
- Solicitation Signatory
- Personal Outreach
- Data Integrity
- Engage and educate classmates through non-solicitation communications such as medical college and enterprise-wide updates
- Assist in stewarding classmates who have made a gift to the medical college
- Supporting OIA’s data integrity by helping in obtaining the most up-to-date contact information for medical college alumni
- Personalize solicitation materials to classmates asking for annual support
Depending on the volunteer’s availability and level of responsibility, the time commitment will vary throughout the year. Class Agents are asked to dedicate 1-2 hours per week in December and June when fundraising efforts are most vital.
Becoming a Class Agent is an important and meaningful way to engage your classmates and to feel connected to the Jefferson committee as an alumnus/a. The Annual Giving team provides Class agents with the appropriate resources and tools to ensure they are successful in their roles. Resources and tools provided include:
- Supportive onboarding for the volunteer program
- Sample language for solicitation and stewardship emails
- Talking points that address historic institutional changes
- Up-to-date information each quarter regarding:
- Engagement Update: TJU e-newsletter, Alumni e-newsletter, upcoming alumni events, link to Jefferson news encourage class notes, and articles around campus
- Philanthropy Updates: class-specific giving progress reports and Jefferson Giving Reports to ensure Class Agents are educated on the philanthropic needs and impact to relay to classmates.
- Class Agent-Specific Updates: review of Institutional Advancement and Class Agent Program progress since the previous quarter and what to expect in the next.