Jefferson College of Nursing Alumni
Alumni of the Jefferson College of Nursing (JCN) number more than 11,000 around the world. By staying engaged with Jefferson and the College, you will find opportunities to connect with classmates and faculty, mentor current students, and shape your career path.
Jefferson College of Nursing History
- 1893 | On November 23, the first graduating class of five received diplomas.1
- 1918 | The first list of approved nursing schools in Pennsylvania ranked Jefferson at the top.
- 1933 | The School of Nursing celebrated its first official Alumni Day on April 21.1
- 1956 | Each member of the class of 1956 passed the State Board of examination for R.N. licensure.
- 1960 | Jefferson School of Nursing receives full accreditation from the National League of Nursing in December.1
- 1967-68 | Jefferson wins the Student Nurses’ League basketball championship.1
- 1972 | Jefferson enrolled 46 students into a two-year, upper division baccalaureate degree program.1
- 1978 | Jefferson School of Nursing establishes the RN to BSN program called the Advanced Placement Program.
- 1981 | Jefferson School of Nursing receives National League of Nursing Accreditation.
- 1986 | Jefferson School of Nursing offers its first Master of Science of Nursing degree in rehabilitation nursing.
- 2001 | Jefferson School of Nursing receives first accreditation from Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- 2007 | Jefferson School of Nursing offers first Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree.
- 2015 | Jefferson School of Nursing is designated as a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence.
- 2015 | The school becomes the Jefferson College of Nursing.
1 "A Commitment to Excellence (TJU nursing school history) (1982)" (2009). A Commitment to Excellence (TJU nursing school history) (1982). Paper 1.