The Department of Housing and Residence Life reserves space in our Martin Residence Hall for short-term housing accommodations. Short-term housing accommodations are available to patients, patient-family, visiting students, current students and employees of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Wills Eye Hospital or Methodist Hospital.
All reservations must be made through Don Morrissey, the Assistant Director for Housing Operations. If you are interested in staying in Martin Residence Hall in any of the below accommodations, please call (215) 955-6479 to setup a reservation. You can also fax at (215) 923-1981, or email: ShortTermHousing@jefferson.edu or Don.Morrissey@jefferson.edu. If you are on campus, come visit the Department of Housing and Residence Life Office located in Suite 103 in the Orlowitz Building, 1000 Walnut Street.
- Visiting Patients: Patients and/or patient family members call (215) 955-6479. Reservations will be confirmed pending patient's hospital stay.
- Visiting students and Post-Doc Fellows: A representative from your academic department (department sponsor) should make all reservations on your behalf. The Department sponsor must confirm the student's affiliation to the Assistant Director of Housing Operations, who manages the short term housing program. Reservation request must be submitted with a letter of affiliation from the sponsoring department. The letter may be faxed or emailed, and must include: Guest(s) name and title; Guest(s) affiliation period (with arrival and departure dates); and Guest(s) supervisor's name,title and contact information. If subsidized IDC# (inter-department charge code) is required.
CHECK IN TIME IS 3:00 PM
Assistance: 24/7 desk coverage at the Martin Building Front Desk (215) 503-8511
Payment: Payment should be made upon arrival by personal check which must be a drawn from a U.S. bank account, EXACT cash, credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), EXACT traveler’s checks, or money order. (There is no change at desk). Payments may be accepted in advance if the sponsoring department provides an Interdepartmental transaction code (IDT)
Linens: Residents staying on campus longer than one week may request clean linens by leaving the white linens and white towels outside of the unit each Monday before 10 a.m. These are laundered by TJUH affiliates. EARTH FRIENDLY: The Department of Housing and Residence Life chooses to limit laundering of heavy blankets and green bed covers to between residents. Our special-laundry service provider is a bicycle powered laundry service that chooses to use Sun and Earth brand natural detergents that are hypo-allergenic, with no added perfumes, easy on the skin and are manufactured locally in King of Prussia.
ID Access: Residents staying on campus longer than one week should work with their sponsoring department to obtain a TJU Photo ID. A representative of the Department of Housing and Residence Life (1000 Walnut Street, Suite 103) can assist in programming each valid photo ID for Martin Residence entry.
CHECK OUT TIME IS ANYTIME BEFORE 12:00 NOON.
Each room comes the following amenities (per person) for a private or shared room: one single bed, one wardrobe, one desk and chair with access to a shared community bathroom, shower and kitchen/lounge. We have rates available for private rooms or rates for those willing to share with a roommate.
2015-2016 Rates for Eligible TJU Affiliates (Rates valid July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016)
- $106.00 nightly - Shared
- $116.00 nightly - Private or Couple
- $536.00 weekly - Shared
- $670.00 weekly - Private or Couple
- $1,715.00 monthly - Private or Couple
Discounted Rates * are available for TJU Students, Post Doc Fellows and Researchers who are staying for an extended time period.
- $850.00 monthly - Shared (Rate valid July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016)
- $1,117.00 monthly - Private or Couple (Rate valid July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016)
*Discounted Student Rate This discounted monthly rate is only available for fully matriculated students and visitors who are researching or taking courses at Thomas Jefferson University, Wills Eye, or Methodist. Post-doctoral fellows and research affiliations require a department sponsor. The Department sponsor must confirm the student's affiliation to the Assistant Director of Housing Operations, who manages the short term housing program. Reservation request must be submitted with a letter of affiliation from the sponsoring department. The letter may be faxed or emailed, and must include:
- Guest(s) name and title
- Guest(s) affiliation period, with arrival and departure dates
- Guest(s) supervisor's name,title and contact information
Located on the first floor of Martin, these recently renovated rooms include a private bathroom, free Cable TV, micro-fridge, desk/chair; wardrobe and night stand with a maximum occupancy of 2 persons.
2015-2016 Rates: (Valid July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016) $134.00 per night, $803.00 weekly and $1,751 monthly ($58.36 daily).
A first floor kitchen / lounge is also available for your convenience!
Located on the first floor of Martin, this recently renovated first floor apartment is fully furnished with a living room, bedroom, bathroom, full kitchen, and free cable TV.
2015-2016 Rate: (Valid July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016) Monthly rate is $2,291.00 (less than $76.36 daily). Rate includes all utilities.
This booklet was designed to assist members of the Jefferson community in the search for off-campus housing. We apologize the space in the Martin Residence cannot be guaranteed to eligible affiliates. Browse our Housing Alternatives Booklet for additional housing resources (for both long and short-term).