The Department of Housing and Residence Life reserves space in our Martin Residence Hall for short-term housing accommodations. Short-term housing accommodations are available to patients, patient-family (no children), visiting students, current students and employees of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Wills Eye Hospital or Methodist Hospital ONLY. Accomodations are not available for non-Jefferson affiliates.
Starting December 5, 2016, all short-term reservations must be made through the Housing Portal.
- Once on the Housing Portal, click on the "Short-Term Housing" link.
- On the following page, enter the desired dates of your short-term stay and click "search."
- On the next section, please click on the appropriate description for your stay.
- Click "Create Booking."
- Complete the information on the reservation and submit payment before confirming your reservation. All major credit cards are accepted for payment.
All reservations must be made at least five (5) days before your desired check-in date. After completing and submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from Housing & Residence Life regarding your stay. Your room number will be available upon check-in.
If you have any questions regarding your reservation please contact Everette Nichols, Assistant Director for Housing Operations, at either 215-955-6479, 215-955-8913 or at ShortTermHousing@jefferson.edu.
- Visiting Patients: Due to the design and nature of the Martin Residence Hall, children are not eligible to reside in short-term housing. Patients and/or patient family members call 215-955-6479. Reservations will be confirmed pending patient's hospital stay.
- Visiting students and Post-Doc Fellows: A representative from your academic department (department sponsor) should make all reservations on your behalf. The Department sponsor must confirm the student's affiliation to the Assistant Director of Housing Operations, who manages the short term housing program. Reservation request must be submitted with a letter of affiliation from the sponsoring department. The letter may be faxed or emailed, and must include:
- Guest(s) name and title
- Guest(s) affiliation period (with arrival and departure dates)
- Guest(s) supervisor's name,title and contact information