Robert H. Rosenwasser, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-7038 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Endovascular management of cerebral vasospasm following aneurysm rupture: Outcomes and predictors in 116 patients
- Flow diversion for complex middle cerebral artery aneurysms
- Treatment of blister-like aneurysms with the pipeline embolization device
- Stereotactic radiosurgery with neoadjuvant embolization of larger arteriovenous malformations: An institutional experience
- Stratification of a population of intracranial aneurysms using blood flow metrics
Louisiana State University - New Orleans - 1979
Temple University Hospital
New York University Medical Center University of Western Ontario, Canada
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Professor and Chairman of Neurosurgery, Training Program Director
Professor of Radiology
Director, Division of Cerebrovascular Surgery and Interventional Neuroradiology
Director of the Brain Aneurysm and AVM Center
Expertise and Research Interests
- Cerebrovascular neurosurgery
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Radiosurgery for AVMs
Dr. Rosenwasser is recognized as one of the world leaders uniquely specialized as both a cerebrovascular neurosurgeon trained by Drs. Charles Drake and Skip Peerless as well as an interventional neuroradiologist trained by Dr. Alex Berenstein. Dr. Rosenwasser also performs all the radiosurgical treatments of arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) in the Division. Please refer to Division of Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuroradiology for more information about Dr. Rosenwasser or radiosurgical treatment of AVMs.
Invited Lectures (2000 - present):
- Panelist Luncheon Seminar - "Decision Making and Management of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms", Joint Meeting of the AANS/CNS Section on Cerebrovascular Surgery and American Society of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology, New Orleans, LA February 2000.
- Guest Speaker - American Society of Neuroradiology 38th Annual Meeting, "Balloons in the Brain", Atlanta, GA April 2000
Panelist - Annual Meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, "Management of Acute Cerebral Ischemia", San Francisco, CA April 2000
- Guest Speaker - Neurovascular Update Course, Harvard Medical School and University of California, San Francisco, "Stroke: Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting", San Francisco, CA May 2000
- Guest Speaker - The Society of University Neurosurgeons, "Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting: Current Status", Boston, MA June 2000
Visiting Professor - Brigham & Women's Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery.
- "Occlusive Vascular Disease at the Carotid Bifurcation" and "Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage", Boston, MA. October 2000.
Hollin Lecturer - Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery. New York, NY. October 2000.
- Visiting Professor - University of Mississippi , Department of Neurosurgery. "Endovascular Treatment of Intracranial Aneurysms: Current Experience." Jackson, MS. February 19-20, 2002.
- Visiting Professor - Oregon Health & Science University, Department of Neurosurgery. "Endovascular Options in Cerebrovascular Disease." Portland, OR. March 7-9, 2002.
- Guest Speaker - Cerebrovascular Update 2002: Current Evaluation and Treatment. "Intracranial Hemorrhage/Subarachnoid Hemorrhage" "Advances in Therapy in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage" "Carotid Surgery and Stenting." Philadelphia, PA. March 22-23, 2002.
- Guest Speaker - Management of Cerebrovascular Disorders in the New Millenium. The Connecticut Neurological Society Annual Meeting. "A Neurosurgeon's Perspective on Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty" Hartford, CT. April 5, 2002.
- Guest Speaker - Update in Cardiology 2002. "Carotid Stenting" Main Line Health Heart Center, Wynnewood, PA. April 20, 2002.
- Visiting Professor - "Treatment Options in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrage ". Christiana Care Medical Center. Christiana, DE. October 2, 2002.