Excellence in Writing Award Winners Announced
The College of Humanities and Sciences is pleased to announce the winners of the Excellence in Writing Awards for the academic years 2019-20 and 2020-21! Traditionally an annual event to celebrate the excellent writing done in the first and second-year writing courses, this announcement covers the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Instructors from the Writing Program nominate the best essay from each section for award consideration. A panel of faculty judges then selects winners from each course category.
We are so proud of our winners, not only for their excellent writing, but also for achieving this accomplishment during such a challenging year!
First place winners:
- Emily La, Pre-Medical Studies
- Samantha Gomez, Health Sciences
- Erica Hummel, Health Sciences
- Ellie Egher, Health Sciences/Pre-Physician Assistant
- Obinna Okorie, Nursing
- Minh Quan Nguyen, Pre-med
Second place winners:
- Maria Woyden, Visual Communication Design, and Emily Briggs, Health Sciences (tie)
- Elise Mears, Fashion Merchandising
- TJ Canevari, Pre-Med
- Jenny Chen, Pre-Physician Assistant
- Oliver Unland, Psychology
- Ty Moyer, Health Sciences