SKMC Office of Admissions
As a part of one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the nation, we at Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC) emphasize the attainment of clinical excellence in our educational programs. We encourage our student body and faculty to commit themselves to lifelong intellectual pursuits. We have awarded more than 31,000 medical degrees and have more living graduates than any other medical school in the nation.
On or before June 25, 2021, applicants must select "Commit to Enroll" in the AMCAS online portal and withdraw from all other medical schools. This confirms your intent to matriculate to Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
The SKMC Office of Admissions would like to address the concerns of MD Program applicants during the COVID-19 disruption, causing many unprecedented challenges for the admissions process and our applicants. The SKMC Admissions Committee is aware of the many challenges and we understand the need to be flexible in our approach to admissions during this time.
Please be advised of the following:
- The Admissions Committee will accept Pass/Fail, online courses without penalty to the applicant.
- The deadline to complete and submit all supplemental application materials for the 2021 application cycle is January 1, 2021.
- Applicants will not be penalized for experiences they had planned to complete or participate in that were impacted by COVID-19 disruptions. Please explain this on the secondary application.
- Applicants with complete files who indicate they intend to sit for a future MCAT testing in 2020 will be held for review until the results of that testing have been received.
- The SKMC interview days in 2020-2021, as well as all interviews, will be held on a virtual platform.
Early Decision & Deferred Admission
Open House Dates
Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program
Jefferson offers full scholarships to students who qualify as underrepresented in the field of medicine or are disadvantaged per federal guidelines. Scholarships are based on merit and/or financial need.