Bryan Spinelli, PT, PhD
Bryan Spinelli, PT, PhD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist
Lymphology Association of North America Certified Lymphedema Therapist
PhD, Rehabilitation Sciences, Drexel University
MS, Physical Therapy, Northeastern University
BS, Physical Therapy, Northeastern University
- Head and Neck Lymphedema Assessment Methods
- Recognizing Barriers to Physical Activity and Exercise in Survivors of Head and Neck Cancer
- Photobiomodulation Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer-Related Lymphedema: A Pilot Feasibility Study
- Effect of Home-Based Exercise and Weight Loss Programs on Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema Outcomes among Overweight Breast Cancer Survivors: The WISER Survivor Randomized Clinical Trial
- Intra- and Interrater Reliability and Concurrent Validity of a New Tool for Assessment of Breast Cancer–Related Lymphedema of the Upper Extremity
- Diagnosis and treatment of lymphedema
- Exercise and rehabilitation programs for persons diagnosed with cancer
- Shoulder pain and dysfunction in persons after breast cancer, head and neck cancer, and thyroid cancer treatment
- Spinelli BA. Shoulder Pain and Dysfunction after Head and Neck Cancer and Thyroid Cancer Treatment. Rehabilitation Oncology, 35(4):197-198, 2017.
- Spinelli BA, Silfies SP, Jacobs L, Brooks A, Ebaugh DD. Scapulothoracic and Glenohumeral Motion during Functional Reaching Tasks in Women with History of Breast Cancer and Healthy Age-Matched Controls. Rehabilitation Oncology, 34 (4), 127-136, 2016.
- Galantino ML, Eden M, Spinelli BA, Flores AM. EDGE Task Force on Head and Neck Cancer Outcomes: A Systematic Review of Outcome Measures for Temporomandibular-related Dysfunction. Rehabilitation Oncology, 33 (2), 6-14, 2015.
- Flores AM, Spinelli BA, Eden M, Galantino ML. EDGE Task Force on Head and Neck Cancer Outcomes: A Systematic Review of Outcome Measures for Quantifying External Lymphedema. Rehabilitation Oncology, 33 (2), 15-23, 2015.
- Spinelli BA, Wattananon P, Silfies S, Talaty M, Ebaugh D. Using Kinematics and a Dynamical Systems Approach to Enhance Understanding of Clinically Observed Aberrant Movement Patterns. Manual Therapy, 20, 221-226, 2015.
- Spinelli BA, Galantino ML, Eden M, Flores AM. Recommendations for patient-reported outcome measures for head and neck cancer-related neck dysfunction: a systematic review. Rehabilitation Oncology, 32 (3), 20-31, 2014.
- Eden M, Flores AM, Galantino ML, Spinelli BA. A systematic review of patient-reported outcome measures for shoulder impairment in the patient with cancer of the head and neck: Recommendations of the Oncology Section Task Force on Head and Neck Cancer Outcomes. Rehabilitation Oncology, 32 (3), 6-19, 2014.
- Ebaugh DD, Spinelli BA, Schmitz KH. Shoulder impairments and their association with symptomatic rotator cuff disease in breast cancer survivors. Medical Hypothesis, 77, 481-487, 2011.
- Ebaugh DD, Spinelli BA. Scapulothoracic motion and muscle activity during the raising and lowering phases of an overhead reaching task. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 20, 199-205, 2010.
- Spinelli BA. Head and Neck Cancer. American Physical Therapy Association Oncology Section Regional Course, January 2018.
- Spinelli BA. Shoulder Pain and Dysfunction in the Older Adult. Lifespan Rehabilitation Conference, Providence, Rhode Island, March 2016.
- Spinelli BA. Edema Management. Philadelphia Meeting, Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Hand: With Emphasis on Trauma, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 2015.
- McClure P, Tate A, Spinelli BA. Select Shoulder Conditions. Philadelphia Meeting, Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Hand: With Emphasis on Trauma, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 2015.
- Kepics J, Spinelli BA. Case Studies: Gynecological, Torso, Genital. The 11th NLN International Conference, Washington DC, September 2014.
- Rundquist P, Spinelli BA. Breast Cancer Related Lymphedema and Shoulder Kinematics: Analysis of the Upper Quadrant. The 11th NLN International Conference, Washington DC, September 2014.
Select Professional & Community Service
American Physical Therapy Association
Research Committee (2016 - present)
Member at Large (2016 - 2018)
Jefferson Rehabilitation (Outpatient Rehabilitation Services)
25 South Ninth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Awards & Honors
2016 Outstanding Promise Award for Physical and Life Science at Drexel University