Requirements for Matriculation
(Updated April 17, 2014)
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson Medical College. The information on this page will be updated periodically in the weeks preceding Orientation Week. Please check this page regularly for updates. Updated items are indicated with a symbol (§).
Prior to your matriculation, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- § Final Transcript
Please have an official final transcript sent to: Office of Admissions - Jefferson Medical College, 1015 Walnut Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- § Student Health Form
All matriculating JMC students must complete and submit the pre-matriculation health requirements no later than 30 days prior to the first day of class.
- CONSEQUENCE OF NON-COMPLIANCE: no access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class.
- Forms may be found at the University Health Services (UHS) website on the Student Services tab and must be completed by the student’s physician.
- JMC Students are in Tier II and must follow the requirements listed for this tier.
- The completed forms are submitted electronically to American DataBank, a company contracted by University Health Services, to gather and store the student pre-matriculation records.
- Students enroll with American DataBank for a $30 annual subscription fee and upload the completed health records into the American DataBank Complio System The required health forms may also be accessed through this website.
- American DataBank and University Health Services will review the forms and communicate with the students via the email selected by the student when opening the ADB account. All Jefferson students are expected to use their Jefferson email account when enrolling in ADB.
- Students will see communications from the staff regarding outstanding requirements or insuffient requirements.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the forms have been reviewed and approved.
- The forms have been accepted and are considered complete if the ADB Complio System reads “School Approved”.
- Begin this process early since it may take up to 8 weeks to complete.
- Questions may be addressed by phone to UHS at (215) 955-6835 or by email to JeffUHS@jeffersonhospital.org.
- If you are a current JEFFERSON EMPLOYEE, you must visit UHS and update your records.
- Health Insurance Information
Health insurance is required for all students at Jefferson Medical College. If you are currently covered under an existing plan through a parent or spouse, you may request to waive the plan.
- § Special Accommodations
If you require special accommodations, please contact Karen Glaser, PhD as early as possible at
- § International Students
Please contact Janice Bogen, Office of International Affairs by email or at (215) 503-4335.
- § Campus Key & Email
The Campus Key is your personal identifier that allows access to information resources on campus. Please click the following link to access your Campus Key. Please read the Jeff IT Letter to Incoming Students for technical information you need to know.
- Orientation Program (Students are required to attend Orientation. Orientation will be the week of July 28, 2014.)
- § Permanent Mailing Online Form (Address Update)
- § First-Year Welcome
- White Coat Ceremony
- § White Coat Order Form
- § JMC Honor Code/Shared Code of Values
The students of JMC are proud of the honor code they have written and are committed to its values. Honor Code and the Code of Shared Professional Values
- § Summer Reading for all Incoming Students: Book to be announced. Check back here. The book discussion will take place during the first small group session in September. The first-year text book is The Behavioral Sciences and Health Care 3rd Edition by Olle Jane Z. Sahler and John E. Carr. Please also note required Summer Reading For Non-Science Majors
Students can purchase all books for required reading and suggested reading at the Jefferson Bookstore and receive 10% off the publisher's list price. Call 1-888-TJU-BOOK, or visit the bookstore's web site.
- Please complete a Readiness Assessment for the Molecular and Cellular Basis of Medicine (MCBM) course. Please do this as soon as possible, but no later than August 3, 2014. To do so, log into Blackboard using your JMC campus key and your JMC password. Then, click on the Courses tab, and click on “201401.BIOC.105.01 Molec & Cell Basis of Medicine”. Click on the Readiness Assessment content area and follow the instructions.
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine (ICM) exam schedule
- § Required & Recommended Medical Instruments
- § First-Year Academic Calendar
- § JMC Class of 2018
Join the JMC Class of 2018 Facebook site to meet fellow students and keep up with the latest news. You need to be logged into Facebook to access the group.
- § Jeff IT Wireless Information