Requirements for Matriculation
(Updated May 18, 2015)
Congratulations on your acceptance to Sidney Kimmel Medical College. The information on this page will be updated periodically in the weeks preceding Orientation Week. Please check this page regularly for updates. Updated items are indicated with a symbol (§).
Prior to your matriculation, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- § Final Transcript
Please have an official final transcript sent to: Office of Admissions - Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 1015 Walnut Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- § Health Insurance Information
Health insurance is required for all students at Sidney Kimmel Medical College. If you are currently covered under an existing plan through a parent or spouse, you may request to waive the plan.
- § Pre-Matriculation Health Requirements
- § Special Accommodations
If you require special accommodations, please contact Jennifer Fogerty, MSEd as early as possible at (215) 503-6335.
- § International Students
Please contact Janice Bogen, Office of International Affairs by email or at
- § Campus Key & Email
The Campus Key is your personal identifier that allows access to information resources on campus. Please click the following link to access your Campus Key. Please read the IS&T Letter to Incoming Students for technical information you need to know.
- § Orientation Program (Students are required to attend Orientation. Orientation will be the week of July 27, 2015.)
- § Permanent Mailing Online Form (Address Update)
- First-Year Welcome
- White Coat Ceremony
- § SKMC Honor Code/Shared Code of Values
The students of SKMC are proud of the honor code they have written and are committed to its values. Honor Code and the Code of Shared Professional Values
- § Summer Reading for all Incoming Students: Complications: A Surgeon’s Notes on an Imperfect Science by Atul Gwande. The book discussion will take place during the first small group session in September. The first-year text book is The Behavioral Sciences and Health Care 3rd Edition by Olle Jane Z. Sahler and John E. Carr. Please also note suggested Summer Reading For Non-Science Majors.
Students can purchase all books for required reading and suggested reading at the Jefferson Bookstore and receive 10% off the publisher's list price. Call 1-888-TJU-BOOK, or visit the bookstore's web site.
- Please complete a Readiness Assessment for the Molecular and Cellular Basis of Medicine (MCBM) course. Please do this as soon as possible, but no later than
August 2, 2015. To do so, log into Blackboard using your campus key and password. Then, click on the Courses tab, and click on “201501.BIOC.105.01 Molec & Cell Basis of Medicine”. Click on the Readiness Assessment content area and follow the instructions. This assessment offers you an opportunity to recognize deficiencies in your preparation for MCBM. If you re-study material based on our recommendation, you might have a much more satisfying start in our course.
- § Introduction to Clinical Medicine (ICM) exam schedule
- § Required & Recommended Medical Instruments
- § First-Year Academic Calendar
- § SKMC Class of 2019
Join the SKMC Class of 2019 Facebook site to meet fellow students and keep up with the latest news. You need to be logged into Facebook to access the group.
- § IS&T Wireless Information