Jefferson is re-issuing ID badges to all clinical caregivers to insure our badges meet the new Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines. Act 110 of 2010, Pennsylvania’s Health Care ID Badge law, establishes standards for identification tags of health care workers/providers. Employees must wear photo identification tags that contain a recent photograph, first and last name, title and name of health care facility. Photo identification badges may not be altered or used to display emblems or stickers in any way that obscures the employee’s photograph or printed information.
ID Center & Photo Identification Badges
The Customer Service Counter, located in the Jefferson Bookstore at 1009 Chestnut Street provides the Jefferson Community with the Jefferson ID Card allowing convenient, effective, and secure access to all card related services. These services include personal identification, facilities access and access monitoring, Commuter Services transactions (parking and transit), discount ticket sales, and student printing at the Scott Memorial Library. More functionality will be added in the near future!
Clinical Caregiver Rebadging Initiative
May 18 through June 1, 2015
Beginning Monday, May 18, Jefferson will re-issue ID badges to all clinical caregivers to ensure our badges meet the new Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines.
Act 110 of 2010, Pennsylvania’s Health Care ID Badge law, establishes standards for identification tags of health care workers/providers. Employees must wear photo identification tags that contain a recent photograph, first and last name, title and name of health care facility. Photo identification badges may not be altered or used to display emblems or stickers in any way that obscures the employee’s photograph or printed information.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
MAY 18, 2015
- Badge distribution to applicable employees begins.
- Employees can obtain their new ID badge from their departmental timekeeper (or designee) upon submission of their old ID badge.
JUNE 1, 2015
- Badge exchange will end and timekeepers (or designee) will return old and undistributed new ID badges to the Photo ID Center, Jefferson Bookstore – 1009 Chestnut Street.
- Old ID badges that have NOT been exchanged for new ones will be deactivated.
BADGE EXCHANGE PROCESS
- Timekeepers (or designee) will pick up new ID badges and ID control sheet for all applicable, departmental employees when contacted.
- Employees will be required to return their current ID badge to their timekeeper (or designee) before their new ID badge can be issued. To identify your timekeeper (or designee) see the listing here.
- Employees will sign the control sheet indicating that they have received their new ID.
- If an employee does not have a current ID badge, a new ID badge cannot be issued. The employee is to report to the Photo ID Center where they will be required to pay the $15.00 ID badge replacement fee and issued a new badge.
- Timekeepers will return all ID badges (returned old ID badges and undistributed new ID badges) to the Photo ID Center no later than Monday, June 1, 2015
- All old ID badges for employees who did not receive new ID badges will be deactivated on June 1, 2015.
- After June 1, 2015, all employees who did not receive a new ID badge must report to the Photo ID Center.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Take your new ID badge to the Photo ID Center for testing.
New photos are not needed as new photos were taken as part of the April, 2014 rebadging process. Your new ID badge will have the same photo that is on your current ID badge.
Report to the Photo ID Center and pay the $15.00 ID badge replacement fee to be issued a new badge.
Yes, all information contained on the ID will remain the same. We are updating the IDs of clinical caregivers in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations.
As badges are governed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the loss of the ID badge and/or role recognition card must be reported to the Photo ID Center as soon as possible and a new badge/role recognition card must be obtained.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Volunteer Medical Staff – Other Professional Personnel – Contract Staff Memo
Timekeeper ID Distribution Instructions
Your Jefferson ID Card – Photo I.D. Badges Policy (No 200.30)
Proper personal identification is an essential part of Jefferson’s security efforts and promotes effective communication with patients, employees, medical staff, students and vendors. The Photo identification badge, by its nature should be a clear, concise device for identification. Federal and State regulations have mandated that the Photo identification badge of anyone having direct patient care must also display the state-recognized licensure and the generic job title on the front of the badge.
All Jefferson personnel (employees, medical and house staff, students, volunteers, clergy and vendors) will display a Thomas Jefferson University / Thomas Jefferson University Hospital photo identification badge while on Jefferson property.
The Jefferson issued badge will be the sole form of identification. Name tags or names stitched on lab coats will not be accepted as a substitute but may be worn in addition to the identification badge. Identification badges should not be tampered with. No stickers, pins or other foreign objects are to be attached. No writing or other adjustments should be made.
The initial photo identification badge is free for Jefferson employees and Jefferson students; however, there is a $15.00 replacement cost for lost or damaged badges.
Distance Learning Students: Click here to download an application for a Jefferson ID Badge.
Contractors, vendors and visitors will be charged $15.00 for a new photo identification badge or a replacement due to expiration, loss or damage.
Photo ID Center
Jefferson Medical & Health Science Bookstore
1009 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 923-1844 fax
Monday through Friday: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
The Photo identification badge is encoded with a magnetic stripe that permits access to campus buildings and, when appropriately authorized, various locked areas (i.e. Residence Halls, ED, research labs, etc).
Library Privileges & Printing
Your Jefferson ID Card must be presented in order to gain access to the Scott Memorial Library and to check out materials. The library printing program was designed to provide students with access to printing resources through the Scott Memorial Library using their student printing account on their Jefferson ID.
Printers and copiers accepting the printing account can be found in the Scott Memorial Library on floors 2, 3 and 4.
Printing/copying is just $0.10 per page.
The convenience of managing your student printing account on your Jefferson ID Card is available through the Online Card Center 24 hours a day.
You can make a deposit, suspend your account if you lost your card, check your balance, view transactions or send an email to a family member letting them know that your student printing account balance is getting low.