Admissions Application Instructions
Program: Couple & Family Therapy – Couple & Family Therapy - MFT
Thank you for your interest in Couple and Family Therapy at Thomas Jefferson University!
The application process for CFT is changing! Jefferson School of Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the CFT program.
While the program requirements remain the same, you will now apply through the UniCAS applicant portal rather than the Jefferson website.
All required documents such as transcripts and letters of recommendation must be sent directly to UniCAS – please do not send these to our office. If you send them to our office, you will have to request new copies to send to UniCAS.
- Create an account in UniCAS though the applicant portal found here at https://tju.unicas.com and follow the directions to complete the application
- Submit the $75 application fee to UniCAS
- Complete the essay found on the UniCAS application
- Submit a personal statement/essay “Describing your motivation or desire to become a Couple and Family Therapist” to UniCAS. See UniCAS Application Instructions for “My Attachments” @ http://help.unicas.com:8888/tjuHelpPages/instructions-2/application-sections/my-attachments/index.html
- Complete your CV or resume on the UniCAS application
- Submit your CV or resume to UniCAS. See UniCAS Application Instructions for “My Attachments” @ http://help.unicas.com:8888/tjuHelpPages/instructions-2/application-sections/my-attachments/index.html
- Submit official transcript(s) from any college or university attended to the Thomas Jefferson CAS Transcript Processing Center at P.O. Box 9130, Watertown, MA 02471.
- If your courses were completed outside of the United States, you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from WES (www.wes.org)
- Submit 2 recent professional or academic recommendations to UniCAS. See UniCAS submission instructions @ http://help.unicas.com:8888/tjuHelpPages/instructions-2/application-sections/evaluations/index.html
***Request recommendations from professors, managers/supervisors, volunteer coordinators, etc.; not colleagues, classmates, and/or family members.
- Send offiical TOEFL scores to Jefferson (if applicable). Please click here for additional information on the TOEFL.
- Send official Graduate Record Exam (GRE)/Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores to Jefferson
- Official, original GRE or MAT scores should be sent to the Office of Admissions. GRE code=5750.
Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email settings to allow mail from Jefferson.edu.
For application related questions, please visit our UniCAS Help Center:
Admissions Deadline Dates
Admission to the CFT program is on a rolling basis.
Visit the Application Deadlines page for deadline information.