Submit an application to NursingCAS here.
*** Choose the following designation:
- P.A.C.E. Prelicensure BSN- Fall 2017- For high school students
For instructions on how to apply, please use the NursingCAS instruction checklist here. You can only apply for one program and one entry term. If you submit an application for more than one program or more than one entry term, only the first one will be processed by Jefferson. NursingCAS will not issue a refund of the application fee(s) for unprocessed applications.
Admissions Application Instructions
Program: Nursing – Nursing PACE Program
Applying for Nursing Admission
We are happy that you have decided to apply to Jefferson. The Jefferson School of Nursing of Thomas Jefferson University has partnered with NursingCAS, The Centralized Application Service for Nursing Schools, to collect and manage applications to our Nursing programs. It is extremely important that you carefully read all directions listed below to ensure successful submission of your application.
For admission deadlines, please visit the Nursing deadlines page here.
To apply, please follow the instructions outlined below:
Submit an application to NursingCAS here.
This application can only be used for students currently enrolled in their senior-year at the post-secondary level (high school).
Submit official High School transcripts, international evaluations (WES), and if applicable, any post-secondary transcripts directly to NursingCAS. Click here to see transcripts submission instructions.
Submit 2 recommendations to NursingCAS. Click here to see NursingCAS reommendation letters submission instructions.
*** Request recommendations from professors, managers/supervisors, volunteer coordinators, etc.; not colleagues, classmates, and/or family members.
Submit a personal statement/essay to NursingCAS via “Attach Designation Essay” button. Essay should cover one of the following:
- Describe a current ethical or moral healthcare issue and explain how it may change or affect the role of healthcare practitioners in your desired profession.
- Describe a situation you have encountered in the past that required you to use critical thinking and problem solving skills. Based on that experience, explain how you might resolve a similar issue in your desired healthcare profession.
Click here to see NursingCAS statement/essay instructions.
This program does not require any certifications (BLS, CPR, etc.) upon application. Some certifications may be required prior to matriculation.
Submit SAT or ACT scores directly to Jefferson Schools Admissions, 130 S. 9th St., Suite 100, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Use the College Board code 2903 or ACT code 3725 to have official scores sent to Jefferson
*SAT/ACT scores are also accepted when printed on the high school transcript. If printed on the transcript, please simply follow the instructions noted above for transcript submission to NursingCAS.
All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to Jefferson.
Send scores directly to Jefferson Schools Admissions, 130 S. 9th St., Suite 100, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Jefferson School of Nursing will accept any one of the following items to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing - 21, Speaking - 23, Reading - 21 and Listening - 22. Report scores on NursingCAS but request official scores to be sent to Jefferson. TOEFL code = 2903.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- State licensure in nursing
- Score of 508 or higher on the Critical Reading (formerly Verbal) section for the SAT for applicants entering Jefferson directly from high school
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or United Kingdom.
Once your application is verified by NursingCAS and downloaded by Jefferson you will receive 2 emails with login information for the supplemental application. Please complete, submit and make sure to add NursingCAS ID number and date. The application fee of $25 must be paid by credit card to process the application completely.
** Please check your Spam email for any communication from Jefferson as we will communicate primarily via the email address you provide on NursingCAS. If you do not receive an email from Jefferson with instructions to complete the supplemental application within 2 weeks of your Nursing CAS application being "Verified", please contact (215) 503-9848.