Fabienne Paumet, PhD
Bluemle Life Sciences Building Room 750
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- An α-helical core encodes the dual functions of the chlamydial protein IncA
- Extracellular traps are associated with human and mouse neutrophil and macrophage mediated killing of larval Strongyloides stercoralis
- Escherichia coli exposure inhibits exocytic SNARE-mediated membrane fusion in mast cells
- Two Coiled-Coil Domains of Chlamydia trachomatis IncA Affect Membrane Fusion Events during Infection
- A Novel Function for SNAP29 (Synaptosomal-Associated Protein of 29 kDa) in Mast Cell Phagocytosis
Research and Clinical Interests
MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF PHAGOCYTOSIS: HOW DO PATHOGENS SUBVERT THIS PROCESS?
*Unraveling membrane trafficking involved in the phagocytic pathway and its regulation
*How do intracellular bacteria interfere with the host phagocytic system to escape lysosomal degradation?
DO INTRACELLULAR BACTERIA COMMONLY USE SNARE-LIKE PROTEINS TO MANIPULATE THE HOST MEMBRANE FUSION?
*Screening Salmonella and Legionella genomes
*Study the inhibitory effect of potential SNARE-like bacterial proteins
CHARACTERIZATION OF EUKARYOTIC MEMBRANE FUSION MACHINERY
*Identification and characterization of primitive membrane fusion machineries (similar to SNARE proteins)
*Characterization of the specificity of fusion encoded in the SNARE proteins
*Characterization of intramolecular SNARE regulation
STUDY OF THE PHAGOCYTIC MECHANISM IN MAST CELLS, ONE OF THE MAIN PLAYERS IN ALLERGY