Nandkumar Rawool, MD, RDMS
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Evaluation of posterior tibial pathology: Comparison of sonography and MR imaging
- Accuracy of office-based ultrasonography of the shoulder for the diagnosis of rotator cuff tears
- Power doppler assessment of vascular changes during fracture treatment with low-intensity ultrasound
- Comparing contrast-enhanced ultrasound to immunohistochemical markers of angiogenesis in a human melanoma xenograft model: Preliminary results
- Contrast enhanced vascular three-dimensional ultrasound imaging
Program Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography &
Research and Clinical Interests
Before accepting his current position as Program Director of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Cardiovascular Sonography, Dr Rawool spent over a decade in the Department of Ultrasound/Radiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital . The TJUH Division of Ultrasound is considered to be one of the largest in the United States and probably the entire world. Dr Rawool's work involved both clinical work with patients and performing ultrasound research.
Dr. Rawool has more than 100 publications and scientific presentations - in ultrasound and radiology journals and international medical meetings. Topics of research include:
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound (use of ultrasound in shoulder, ankle and other joints. Diagnosis of tendons tears, tendinitis and other joint pathology. Use of ultrasound in sports medicine)
- Use of ultrasound in fracture healing - use of therapeutic ultrasound in fracture healing and use of gray-scale and Doppler ultrasound in assessing vascularity in fracture healing.
- Skin ultrasound - in Melanoma
- Three-dimensional ultrasound - principles and applications of 3D ultrasound imaging in various modalities - Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Musculoskeletal imaging.
- Contrast agents - use of ultrasound contrast agents to assess vascularity in organs and in tumor diagnosis - liver tumors, kidney tumors, Breast tumors, malignant melanoma.