New Student Checklist for
Flexible Targeted Entry for PhD Programs for Continuing Studies/Non-Degree Programs
Welcome to the Jefferson Community
After you confirm your enrollment, there are additional requirements to complete before the start of the term.
All students admitted to Thomas Jefferson University are required to complete and submit pre-matriculation health requirements no later than 30 days prior to the first day of class. Jefferson Occupational Health Network (OHN) oversees the Medical Records process. Please visit their website for instructions.
PhD students will fill out the Category C Form
If you are a current Jefferson Employee, you must visit OHN and update your records.
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
- All matriculated students must maintain health insurance (Dental insurance is optional).
- JCLS PhD candidates receive personal health insurance as part of their fellowship package.
- Learn more about health and dental insurance.
- Incoming students will receive an email indicating when they can either waive or sign up for health insurance. We expect this email to be sent out by mid-July.
- For additional questions, contact Mary Hom or 215-503-0151
Due Date: 4 weeks after acceptance
It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the "Personal Information" link.
Most departments at Jefferson, including Financial Aid, will communicate with you via your Jefferson email address. Check your email on a regular basis or set up mail forwarding at jeffmail.jefferson.edu.
- Orientation for JCLS programs will be held the week of August 26th. Additional information about Tuesday and Wednesday programming will come from the College of Life Sciences
- View Orientation FAQ's here. (Please note that some of this information pertains to programs in other Jefferson colleges)
At the completion of all outstanding coursework, have an official transcript mailed to:
Thomas Jefferson University
Office of Admissions
130 S. Ninth Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107