Research is at the heart of the mission of the Department of Surgery. Our division conducts a wide range of health science, basic science and clinical research with a focus on bench to bedside efforts and personalized medicine applications.
The diverse interests of our faculty allow for a multitude of cross-specialty protocols. The connections between clinically-based faculty and research-based faculty help facilitate a translational and collaborative approach to research.
Areas of Research Expertise
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Heart and Vascular Physiology
- Injury Research and Prevention
- Clinical Outcomes
Our Commitment to Research
We provide financial support, personnel, and resources to facilitate research-related programs, including our:
- Resident Research Lecture Series,
- Dynamic Duo Seminar Series,
- Saligman Pilot Grant Program
- Support of residents who pursue coursework towards an MPH,
- Support of each resident to pursue at least one year of research experience during their residency, and
- Incentives for faculty members to pursue academic and scholarly projects, write grants, and serve as mentors.