Master of Science in Health Policy (MS-HP)
Jefferson’s MS-HP prepares leaders to:
- Critically analyze the organization, financing and delivery of health care
- Rigorously apply analytic skills to plan, implement, and evaluate health policy
- Produce research evidence to support policy development and change
Graduates of the program are prepared to assume policy analysis and advocacy roles in health care provider organizations, integrated health care delivery systems, government offices, academic institutions, health services research firms and community-based or advocacy organizations.
Master of Public Health (MPH)
Jefferson’s MPH prepares diverse professionals to work in:
- State and local public health departments or health centers
- Non-governmental health organizations (NGOs)
- Schools and universities
- Professional health agencies
- Health insurance companies
- Related health care businesses, such as the pharmaceutical industry
- Public health research
- Global health environments
MPH professionals track disease outbreaks, conduct community health assessments, plan public health education programs, develop public health policies to reduce adverse environmental exposures, advocate for government policy changes to increase public access to preventive health services, and direct campaigns to prevent infectious disease or reduce risk factors that encourage chronic conditions.
Master of Science in Healthcare Quality & Safety (MS-HQS)
Jefferson’s MS-HQS prepares healthcare professionals in all venues of healthcare delivery to be leaders and advocates in the effort to improve healthcare quality and patient safety.
MS-HQS graduates will be well-equipped to lead quality and safety improvement initiatives in:
- Outpatient facilities
- Integrated delivery systems
- Health insurance organizations
- Governmental healthcare agencies
- Health policy research firms, and community-based advocacy and service organizations
Career options for those pursuing this degree include Chief Quality or Safety Officer, Quality Analyst, and Program Leader for Quality Improvement.