Health Professions Teaching & Learning Graduate Certificate
- Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Health Professions
- Program Director, Masters of Health Professions Education
- Director, Phase 3, Sidney Kimmel Medical College Thomas Jefferson University
The graduate certificate in health professions teaching and learning will prepare current healthcare professionals to become successful and effective clinical educators, providing them the knowledge and skills to utilize evidence-based frameworks and best practice methodologies to educate the future healthcare workforce.
Due to the demanding need for healthcare educators, Jefferson offers a 12 credit certificate program to prepare health professions teachers. The programs cater to working professionals by offering a fully online and asynchronous program. The Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Teaching and Learning will cover specialized areas of study including: simulation and interprofessional education along with core education and teaching topics including curriculum design and program assessment.
- Fully online, majority asynchronous
- Competitive pricing
- Training and education for future clinical educators, physician educators, and university faculty
- Short term time commitment, program can be completed in 3 semester including in the summer
- All certificate credits apply to the Masters in Health Professions Education if you are interested in furthering your education
- Instructional Technology and Learning (2 credits)
- Curriculum and Instructional Design (2 credits)
- Program Assessment and Evaluation (2 credits)
- Simulation in Health Professions Education (3 credits)
- Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice in Healthcare (3 credits)