Connect with Us
Jefferson’s highly ranked BS in Fashion Design Program is offering fashion design pre-college workshops for high school students to explore a future in fashion!
Through this program, you will have the opportunity to design in Thomas Jefferson University's 14,000-square-foot Fashion and Textile Futures Center. You will learn about one of the largest industries in the world from Jefferson Fashion Design faculty and industry professionals.
These workshops — including a Summer Academy (learn more below) — invite you to explore the design process from concept research to designing a collection. You will also explore iconic fashion designers who are changing the world in sustainable fashion, ethical fashion, human-centered design and diversity in design.
Our goal is to inspire high school students to pursue fashion design education and careers at Thomas Jefferson University.
Summer Academy Schedule 2023
July 10-14, 2023
To learn more and register for the Summer Academy 2023, click the link below.
At the end of the Fashion Design Summer Workshop, students will:
- Learn how to conceptualize ideas through research, mood boards, and sketches to design a capsule collection for their brand
- Learn helpful techniques that allow designers to translate shape, color, pattern, form, fabrication, and movement through sketching & fashion illustration
- Begin to develop professional critique skills, which allow designers to give and receive valuable feedback in helpful, respectful, and actionable ways
Frequently Asked Questions
All Summer Academy workshops are held in Hayward Hall on campus. Hayward Hall is home to our fashion design studios and offices.
This program is for students interested in challenging themselves creatively and learning about the fashion industry. No prior sewing, sketching, or computer-aided design experience is required to attend.
Students from underrepresented communities including first-generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply.
The program is open to high school students who:
- Will be a high school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior by September 2023
- Are motivated high school students with an interest in fashion design.
To register for the Fashion Design Summer Academy, please click on the link below.
Fee: Enrollment in this 5-day workshop is $500; a $50 non-refundable deposit will reserve your space in this workshop.
Registration fee balance is due no later than Monday, June 26th, 2023.
If you require a payment plan, please contact Nicole Breslin.