Requirements for Accepted Students College of Life Sciences: MS Human Genetics & Genetic Counseling Candidates
Welcome to the Jefferson Community
After you confirm your enrollment, there are additional requirements to complete before the start of the term.
Due Date: 4 weeks after acceptance
It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
Most departments at Jefferson, including Financial Aid, will communicate with you via your Jefferson email address. Check your email on a regular basis or set up mail forwarding at jeffmail.jefferson.edu.
The program has partnered with CastleBranch to assist you in completing background checks and required clearances requirements. You can begin the process by clicking here and following the instructions provided.
Once on the site, click on 'Place Order' and Package Code:
- TQ27=In State Package or TQ27b=Out of State Package (outside of PA)
- TQ27dt: Drug Test
Because of the time needed to complete these requirements, we ask that you begin as soon as possible.
All students admitted to Thomas Jefferson University are required to complete and submit pre-matriculation health requirements no later than 30 days prior to the first day of class. Jefferson Occupational Health Network (OHN) oversees the Medical Records process. Please visit their website for instructions.
Human Genetics & Genetic Counseling students will fill out the Category B Form
If you are a current Jefferson Employee, you must visit OHN and update your records.
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
- All matriculated students must maintain health insurance (Dental insurance is optional).
- Incoming students will receive an email indicating when they can either waive or sign up for health insurance. We expect this email to be sent out by mid-July/early August.
- Learn more about health and dental insurance.
- For additional questions, contact Mary Hom at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 503-0151
Students will receive registration information from their academic advisor/program director prior to orientation
- Click here for information on how to register online (PDF)
- If you have additional questions, contact the College of Life Sciences at (215) 503-4400
At the completion of all outstanding coursework, have an official, final transcript mailed to:
Thomas Jefferson University
Office of Admissions
130 South 9th Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107