Our research department continues to be a leader in the nation.
Dr. Uitto and Dr. Li in the Jefferson Core Research Facility
We are ranked in the top 10 amongst dermatology departments in the nation and number two within Thomas Jefferson University's departments In NIH funding.
- Clinical Research – Our mission is to offer students and residents the chance to be involved in both clinical and academic projects.
- Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine – Our internationally-recognized researchers are dedicated to the study of the etiology and progression of diseases.
- Joan & Joel Rosenbloom Research Center for Fibrotic Diseases – Our Center focuses on the diagnosis and finding an effective treatment for fibrotic diseases that pose serious threats to society.
- PXE Center of Excellence & Clinical Care – The Center works on finding effective therapies for PXE and developing personalized medicine based on specific mutations of the disease.
- Ghohestani International Fellowship - Jefferson Center for International Dermatology at Thomas Jefferson University and The Texas Institute of Dermatology joint fellowship with the goal to promote exchange of knowledge in the fields of clinical and experimental dermatology.