- Director, Division of Nephrology
- Capazzi Professor of Medicine
833 Chestnut Strret
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Facilities & Labs
The Nephrology program at Thomas Jefferson University includes:
- Three outpatient hemodialysis centers with approximately 200 patients
- A home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis program of approximately 20 patients
- An active renal transplant program with approximately 100 kidney and kidney/pancreas transplants performed annually
The division also operates a CKD Management Center and Hypertension Research Center. The 800-bed teaching hospital has ACGME approved residencies in virtually all medical and surgical fields, and provides the opportunity for renal fellows to be involved in approximately 800-1000 clinical consultations annually.
Members of our division perform approximately 200 native and transplant kidney biopsies and 100 acute dialysis catheter insertions per year with the fellows. Renal pathology provides on-campus histopathology, immunofluorescence and electron microscopy.
Excellent radiology support is provided, encompassing ultrasound, MRI, CT scanning, nuclear medicine and interventional radiology. In addition to routine angiography, the interventional radiologists actively participate in vascular access management, including routine fistulograms, angioplasty, central catheter and stent placement and thrombectomies.