Master of Public Health (Jefferson Employees)
Below are instructions on how to submit your application as a Jefferson employee, admissions prerequisites, a description of the review process and important due dates.
We are here to help you through every step of the process. Please let us know how we can help.
Pre-Fall Application Deadline: April 1
Fall Application Deadline: July 1
Spring Application Deadline: November 1
Summer Application Deadline: February 15
Jefferson employees are part of our Jeff LPHT pathway and can take classes as either part-time or full-time students.
Submit the following via SOPHAS Express
- Online application.
- Personal statement/essay: 300-500 words describing your interest in the MPH program. Including your personal experiences and how they relate to your goals and expectations for the program.
- Letter of Recommendation: JeffLPHT applicants should identify an individual who can speak to their ability to succeed in the Public Health Program. This letter can be from a faculty member, employer, volunteer coordinator or supervisor.
- CV or Resume
- Click "submit" and pay the fee.
Submit the following documents to Thomas Jefferson University
- Official transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate accredited institutions you have attended even if the courses were transferred to another program. Applicants who have taken coursework outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course academic credential evaluation from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member credentialing organization.
- Official transcripts should be sent to: Thomas Jefferson University, Application Document Processing, 4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency (if applicable): all international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to JCPH. JCPH accepts any of the following to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Native English speaker from one of these countries (PDF).
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution.
- U.S. national or state licensure or certification in a medical, nursing or allied health field.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing – 21, Speaking – 23, Reading – 21 and Listening – 22.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are valid for two years with an overall score of 6.5 and individual scores as follows: Listening – 6.5, Reading – 7, Writing – 6 and Speaking – 7.
NOTE: Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email to allow mail from Jefferson.edu.
Before applying to Jefferson, please review the prerequisites required for admission. Our admissions team is available to assist with questions and to provide guidance on your next steps.
Degree Prerequisite: Applicants are required to hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent upon evaluation of international transcripts prior to the start of the program.
GPA Requirement: A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is preferred.
Application Review Process
JCPH accepts applications on a continuing basis. You may apply at any time throughout the year, but it is best to submit your completed application as early as possible, especially if you wish to be considered for a merit-based scholarship.
Applications are reviewed once the complete application—online application and supporting documentation—is received. You can expect to receive a response within three to four weeks after your completed application has been verified by SOPHAS Express.