Before applying to Jefferson, you should review the prerequisites required for admission for your program of interest. Our admissions team is available to assist with questions and to provide guidance on your next steps.
Degree & GPA
- Applicants are required to have a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to the start of the program.
- A GPA of approximately 3.0 or higher is required.
Current undergraduate student enrolled at Thomas Jefferson University - East Falls Campus, or Rutgers University - Camden Campus.
- Student has taken the following designated undergraduate prerequisite courses and earned a grade of B or higher in each of the following subjects:
- English Composition - 2 courses
- Natural Sciences - 2 courses
- Social Sciences - 3 courses (two of which must be introductory courses in psychology and sociology; third course may be in economics, anthropology, or political science
- Basic Statistics (Preferred)
Current student or alumni within three years of graduation from Widener University - Delaware Law School's Family Health Law & Policy Institute.
- Completion of at least fifty-four credits (typically, two years of full-time legal education, or two-and-a-half years of part-time legal education) toward completion of the JD degree.
Current student enrolled in, or recent graduate of, the Master of Social Services (MSS) degree program at the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research (GSSWSR) at Bryn Mawr College.
- Minimum grade of B or GSSWSR equivalent for all MSS coursework completed at GSSWSR
- Competency in basic statistics, demonstrated by satisfactory completion (grade of B or higher) of undergraduate or graduate coursework in statistics
MPH Clinical (DO or MD/MPH)
Current medical student at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC), Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, or other institution accredited by Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or Committee on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA).
Graduate of an institution accredited by Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA).
Prerequisites are set by the Jefferson College of Health Professions (JCHP) PA program as the following:
- Anatomy with lab - 4 credits
- Physiology with lab - 4 credits
- Biology I with lab - 4 credits
- Biology II with lab - 4 credits
- Microbiology with lab - 4 credits
- Chemistry I with lab - 4 credits
- Chemistry II with lab - 4 credits
- Statistics - 3 credits
- Psychology - 3 credits
- English/Writing Intensive - 3 credits
Current Jefferson College of Pharmacy (JCP) or Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) student or JCP graduate within 3 years of graduation.
Contact us for more information about this program, how to apply for admission, and your application status.