Center for Outcomes & Measurement Lecture Series
The Jefferson College of Rehabilitation Sciences Center for Outcomes and Measurement hosts a monthly lecture on a variety of topics related to outcomes and measurement. It occurs on the fourth Monday of each month via Zoom and all are welcome to attend.
September 27th, 1:00-2:00 PM EST: Elliot Cole, PhD presents Technology-Enhanced Patient Centered Care for Brain Injury Rehabilitation: Methods and Measurement Issues of Therapy in the Patient's Natural Environment
October 25th, 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST: David U. Himmelberger, MS presents Translation and Linguistic Validation of Outcome Measures
November 22nd, 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST: Susan Toth-Cohen, PhD, OTR/L and Richard W. Hass, PhD present Refining instruments that measure attitudes, interests and confidence of health professions students for working with persons experiencing homelessness.
Past Lecture Series Topics
- Linda Jones, PT, PhD presenting A Rodent-Human Senroimotor Outcomes Matrix: Overlap and Gaps
- Allison Tuso, OTD & Margaret Ryan, OTD presenting on Usefulness of the NTG-EDSD: Evaluating the Validity of a Screening Tool for Dementia in Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Bryan Spinelli, PT, PhD presenting on Standardized Clinical and Physical Assessment Tool for Lymphedema
- Amy Carroll, OTD, OTR/L presenting "Establishing Content Validity of the Fidelity Checklist of NICU Caregiver Behaviors"
- Hannah Dalton, OTD Candidate, presenting "The Spinal Cord Injury Movement Index (SCI-MI): Preliminary Acute Care Item Development" and Giulia Heydeman, OTD Candidate, presenting "Development of Standardized Procedure Guidelines for Administration of the SCIM-III via Interview: A Modified Delphi"
- MJ Mulcahey, PhD, OTR\L, CHC, CLP, FASIA presenting "Adaptive trial designs for spinal cord injury clinical trials directed to the central nervous system"
- Mary Slavin, PhD, PT presenting "The Role of Computerized Adaptive Tests (CATs) in Measuring Rehabilitation Outcomes"
- Alexis Morales, OTD Candidate, and Erin West, OTD Candidate, presenting “I could really use this”: Learning coaching in a non-traditional fieldwork setting
- Laura Krisa, PhD presenting "Consensus on Definitions of Words Used Across the Research Spectrum: A Delphi Survey"
- Nicole Gerhardt, MS, OTR/L, CBIS presenting "Rater Severity: What is it and why does it matter?"