- Interim Associate Dean of Research
- Director, Center for Outcomes and Measurement
- Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy
901 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Capabilities of the Upper Extremity Test (CUE-T)
The Capabilities of the Upper Extremity Test (CUE-T) is a performance measure intended to assess upper extremity function following spinal cord injury (SCI).1-4 The CUE-T is an objective measure of the ability to complete actions and tasks involving the arm and hand in individuals with tetraplegia and can be used clinically, for research and in clinical trials. While developed initially for adults, research supports use of the CUE-T in people older than 6 years of age.3
Utilization of the CUE-T and the documents included here is encouraged but the measure and documents may not be altered.
- CUE-T Manual, Version 1.1
- CUE-T Fabrication Instructions
- CUE-T Kit Materials
- CUE-T Version 1.1 Dataform
- CUE-T Rawscore to Test Score Conversion Sheet
- CUE-T Score Conversion Spreadsheet
- CUE-T Training Video Table of Contents
- CUE-T Training Video: this link will direct you to the Jefferson Digital Commons to view the training video
- CUE-T Manual, Japanese Version
- CUE-T Kit Fabrication Instructions, Japanese Version
- CUE-T Dataform, Japanese Version
A licensing agreement is required to conduct any research using the CUE-T. To learn more about a licensing agreement, purchasing the CUE-T kit or for information on CUE-T training opportunities please contact us at CenterforOutcomesMeasurement@jefferson.edu
1Marino RJ, Patrick M, Albright W, Leiby BE, Mulcahey M, Schmidt-Read M et al. Development of an objective test of upper-limb function in tetraplegia: the Capabilities of Upper Extremity Test. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2012; 91(6):478-486.
2Marino RJ, Kern SB, Leiby B, Schmidt-Read M, Mulcahey MJ. Reliability and validity of the Capabilities of Upper Extremity Test (CUE-T) in subjects with chronic spinal cord injury. J Spinal Cord Med 2015; 38(4):498-504.
3Dent K, Grampurohit N, Thielen CC, Sadowsky C, Davidson, Taylor HB et al. Evaluation of the Capabilities of Upper Extremity Test (CUE-T) in children with tetraplegia. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2018; 24(3):239-251.
4Marino RJ, Sinko R, Bryden A, Backus D, Chen D, Nemunaitis GA, Leiby B. Comparison of responsiveness and minimal clinically difference of the Capabilities of Upper Extremity Test (CUE-T) and the Graded Redefined Assessment of Strength, Sensibility and Prehension (GRASSP). Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2018; 24(3):227-238.