Neurosurgery Clinical Trials
The neurosurgery faculty has a deep commitment to advancing their field through research, both at the bench and at the bedside. Faculty members have been published in some of their field’s most prestigious journals, including Stroke, Spine, Orthopedics, The Lancet, Neurosurgery and Neurology. Their research endeavors are supported by the division’s research department.
This department advances Jefferson's research mission by:
- Assisting in the design of research protocols.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Identifying, screening and enrolling participants.
- Collecting data throughout the lifespan of the study.
- Tracking enrollees during the study and avoiding any loss to follow up.
- Manage relationships with external organizations.
- Cortimo Clinical Trial
- NeuroSleeve Clinical Trial
- Neuromotor Prosthetic to Treat Stroke-Related Paresis (Cortimo)
- Coaching Intervention for Caregivers of Persons With Stroke
- Hyperbaric Oxygen and Manipulative Therapies to Regain Function Post Stroke
- Perceptual-motor Interaction to Improve Bimanual Coordination After Stroke
- Priming With tDCS: Expanding the Window of Recovery in Chronic Stroke
- Statins Use in Intracerebral Hemorrhage Patient
- Atrial Cardiomyopathy and Antithrombotic Drugs in Prevention of Cryptogenic Stroke
- Carotid Revascularization and Medical Management for Asymptomatic Carotid Stenosis Trial
- Ruptured Aneurysms Treated with Hydrogel Coils
- Embotrap Extraction and Clot Evaluation and Lesion Evaluation for NeuroThrombectomy
- Effectiveness and Safety of Small Aneurysm Coiling trial
- ASSIST Registry
- A Randomized Controlled Trial to Optimize Patient’s Selection for Endovascular Treatment in Acute Ischemic Stroke
Basic Research Studies
- Cannabinoids & Noradrenergic Function
- Cellular Mechanisms of Addictive Processes
- Cocaine Effects on Norepinephrine in the Amygdala
- Corticotropin-Releasing Factor (CRF)-serotonin (5-HT) interactions
- Glutamate Receptors & Anxiety
- HIV & the Brain
- Models of Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Sex Differences in Anxiety During Cocaine Withdrawal
- Stress & Noradrenergic Function