Voichita Bar Ad, MD
Voichita Bar Ad, MD
University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania
Radiation Oncology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Most Recent Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Impact of adjuvant radiation therapy after definitive surgery in senior adults >80 years old with advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma on overall survival
- Scalp-Sparing Radiation With Concurrent Temozolomide and Tumor Treating Fields (SPARE) for Patients With Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma
- Trends in Adjuvant Therapy After Surgery for Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Functional Swallow-Related Outcomes Following Transoral Robotic Surgery for Base of Tongue Carcinoma
- Feasibility of collagen matrix tiles with cesium-131 brachytherapy for use in the treatment of head and neck cancer
- Radiation Oncology in Israel - 2003
- American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology) - 2009
Research & Clinical Interests
I am a board-certified radiation oncologist who specializes in the use of intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and dose painting in the treatment of technically challenging cancers to maximize therapeutic gain while minimizing side effects from treatment.
I have extensive clinical experience in the treatment of various solid tumors including head and neck, gastrointestinal tract, lung, breast, and brain cancers. By working closely with our talented radiation physics staff, our team can choose among various highly technical approaches to optimize the outcome for each patient as we endeavor to balance highly effective and safe treatments. These techniques include not only IMRT technique, but also volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), cyberknife. I have a particular interest in the use of IMRT in the treatment of patients with head and neck cancers. I often work closely with my medical oncology colleagues to combine chemotherapy, targeted agents, and radiation therapy in the treatment of these cancers.
I also participate in the institutional and national clinical trials to help bring state-of-the-art cancer care to her patients at Thomas Jefferson University.