MS in Physician Assistant Studies - East Falls & Voorhees
443 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Kay and Harold Ronson Health & Applied Science Building
4201 Henry Avenue Suite 326
Philadelphia, PA 19144
One Program with Two Campuses
The physician assistant (PA) program at the East Falls section of Philadelphia and Voorhees, New Jersey campuses has been continuously accredited by the ARC-PA since 1996. Students will choose their preferred location during the application process.
Why should you become a Physician Assistant?
According to U.S. News and World Report, Physician assistant is ranked as one of the best jobs. A Physician Assistant (PA) is a nationally-certified, state licensed healthcare provider who practices under the supervision of a physician. PAs conduct physical examinations, order and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat illnesses, provide patient counseling, assist in the operating room and prescribe medications.
Learn about your journey to become a Physician Assistant through didactic and clinical experiences.
Our faculty to student ratio is approximately 15:1 on the East Falls Campus and the New Jersey Campus which allows for individualized attention for each student.
All faculty are still clinically practicing in areas such as family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, orthopedics, surgery, women's health, and cardiology. Faculty strive to maintain an open door policy for students to seek out additional information, to offer help with difficult concepts, or help to support students through the stresses of PA education.
Why Choose the Jefferson Physician Assistant East Falls & Voorhees Program?
- Our job placement has been excellent for the past several years based on post-graduate surveys.
- Founding members of the PA faculty have been nationally recognized with awards such as the PAragon Award for Outstanding Physician Assistants by the AAPA and the Education of the Year by PAEA.
- The University and main campus is located in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. This location is an intersection for the natural beauty of Fairmont Park and the bustling metropolitan life offered by Center City.
- The Philadelphia metropolitan area offers a wide variety of medical opportunities and experiences, from free clinics to major university hospitals.
- The New Jersey Campus is located in Voorhees, New Jersey. It provides a dynamic adult learning environment. Jefferson at Voorhees includes a 60-seat classroom, a large conference room, a brand new physical diagnosis/clinical skills lab with medical simulators, a 12 station full-dissection cadaver lab, administrative offices, break out and study spaces for the PA students and faculty.
- We have long-standing relationships with many local physician offices and clinics, major teaching hospitals and community hospitals in the Philadelphia region.
- Students have the opportunity to rotate in a rural Mississippi hospital and various sites in Maryland to gain a different type of clinical experience.
- Students have participated in medical mission trips to Central America through the Jefferson Global Medical Brigade.
- Our students are often involved with philanthropic pursuits with local and national charities.
- The Jefferson PA Program, East Falls Campus and New Jersey Campus, strives to create excellent clinicians as well as excellent human beings.
- Strong scientific foundation courses support the clinically oriented coursework.
- Students have clinical experiences integrated into the didactic year by performing histories and physicals at local hospitals and completing emergency room shifts in local emergency departments.
- In addition to the prescribed rotations of Primary Care, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, we offer an Elective rotation for students to explore another area of medicine that they might be interested in pursuing.
- Students have access to a full-dissection cadaver lab for Advanced Anatomy at their respective campus location.
- The Program has three medical simulators that students can use as learning models.
East Falls & New Jersey Program Accreditation
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Thomas Jefferson University Physician Assistant Program; East Falls and New Jersey sponsored by Thomas Jefferson University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be June 2028. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.