Our DHSc in Population Health is designed for working professionals who are determined to transform the healthcare system. This cohort-based program is small, interactive, and focused on creating a community of practice among the participants as they develop their knowledge and skills.
This 3-year cohort-based program combines the best of online content delivery, while also providing students with intensive mentoring, coaching, and soft skills practice in face-to-face sessions with some of the best and brightest minds from across the country.
Students begin in Fall and will complete the program in Summer of the third year.
Online courses are offered asynchronously using best practices and interactive learning.
Program requirements include two in-person residencies in each year. They are offered over the course of four days (bridging a weekend) on Jefferson's Center City campus in Philadelphia.
The in-person residency programs allow students to receive personalized attention and mentoring from faculty - an ideal opportunity to develop dissertation proposals, receive career coaching, and build their professional network of contacts. There are also sessions devoted to career planning, board governance, and opportunities to interact with industry experts.
The program is for health professionals with diverse experience including, but not limited to:
- Clinical professionals working in healthcare settings, healthcare plans or management companies, academic institutions, community organizations, and public/government entities
- Health administrators
- Program specialists working in health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic condition management
- Health information technology and data professionals working in provider and payer systems
- Individuals working in healthcare-related professional organizations and trade associations
- Professionals who work in organizaions involved in delivery, administration, or financing of health care
- Emphasis on developing the competencies for advanced population health practice
- Experiential learning in an interprofessional and interactive environment
- Career-focused content that includes networking, mentoring, coaching, and leadership development
- Dissertation built on a critical business priority, to provide organizational and professional return on investment
The Jefferson Difference
All of our online degree programs are tailored to the unique needs of busy clinical professionals. Courses are 100% online with no synchronous learning requirements and we use an accelerated “executive” format that sharply focuses on continually learning, applying and integrating concepts in real-world settings. Our class sizes are small to ensure a “high touch” learning environment. Our faculty are expert practitioners in their respective fields, and complete a 6-month intensive training program and on-boarding process before they enter the classroom.
Students in our programs also receive on-going support throughout the program. Before you begin classes, you work with an Academic Coach to review your career goals, set a weekly schedule, and determine your course plan. During the program, we help you register for courses, obtain course materials, and liaise with other offices throughout campus to troubleshoot any problems you may encounter along the way.