Diversity & Inclusion
Office of Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
Summer Training & Enrichment Program for Underrepresented Persons in Medicine (STEP-UP) Application Process
Deadline: March 1, 2023
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or US National
- Must be enrolled as a fulltime student in an accredited institution and completed two years of college (ie rising junior, seniors, and graduating seniors)
- Completion of medical school pre-requisites is required (ONE YEAR of the following: Math (calculus and/or statistics), Biology, General Chemistry, Physics, Organic Chemistry; Biochemistry and social/behavioral sciences are encouraged.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- All eligible students are encouraged to apply, including students who are underrepresented in medicine (as defined by AAMC and/or HRSA)
- Personal Statement demonstrating interest in medicine (800 words or less)
- Official copy of all college transcripts
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a college/university faculty member or faculty advisor) to be submitted to Sabrina Roper.
To be considered, please submit all required documents by the deadline to Sabrina Roper.
Please complete the information requested below. All sections must be completed. Accepted applications must be available for the entire program, (Program dates June 2 to June 30, 2023.)