Jefferson Humanities & Health Programs
Name: Jefferson Humanities & Health Expand/Collapse Contact Info
1020 Locust Street
Jefferson Alumni Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Asano Humanities & Health Certificate — The Asano Humanities & Health Certificate is a co-curricular program that rewards sustained engagement in arts and humanities activities throughout the academic year.
- Anti-Racism in Health Focus — a subset of the Asano Humanities & Health Certificate, which brings Jefferson students together to discuss topics at the intersection of health, race, inequity, and justice.
- Artist-in-Residence — invites creative practitioners to collaborate with the Jefferson community in the development of arts and humanities-centered inquiries into health and wellness.
- Inside Out — annual art and literary journal that showcases photography, paintings and sketches, short stories, poems and essays by Jefferson students.
- Health Humanities Reading Group — weekly discussions to think critically about health, as it is understood through various disciplinary perspectives, social contexts and value systems.
- Jefferson Humanities Forum — Each academic year, Jefferson Humanities & Health explores a thought-provoking theme from a wide range of perspectives, inviting reflection and action around how we improve lives.
- TimeSlips Creative Aging — brings together Jefferson students and local elders to connect through improvisational storytelling and other creative engagements.
- Featured Student Artwork — Jefferson Humanities & Health commissions a student to create a work of art that reflects our programming for the academic year.
- Past Programs — a list of our past programs for reference.