Congratulations, Class of 2020!
Formal, virtual video Commencement ceremonies for Jefferson graduates, family and friends are now available, featuring deans presenting graduating students to the president for the formal conferral of degrees and speeches from Thomas Jefferson University leaders.
Commencement Ceremony Videos*:
- Ceremony 1: Watch Video | Download Event Program (PDF)
- Ceremony 2: Watch Video | Download Event Program (PDF)
- Ceremony 3: Watch Video | Download Event Program (PDF)
- Ceremony 4: Watch Video | Download Event Program (PDF)
- Ceremony 5: Watch Video | Download Event Program (PDF)
*Unsure of your virtual ceremony? Scroll down for a complete listing of college/school ceremony listings in the Commencement 2020 Virtual Ceremonies below.
Information on duplicate diplomas:
How do I order a reprint of my diploma?
You may request your diploma to be reprinted if you need a replacement. Please note: if you graduated from Thomas Jefferson University – East Falls prior to Summer 2017, you are only eligible to receive a diploma reprint from “Philadelphia University.”
In order to request a reprint of your diploma, we require a notarized letter with the information below. Please note: email requests for diploma reprints will not be accepted.
- Your name as you would like it printed on the diploma
- The reason why you need a diploma reprint
- Please note for PhD, MD, or Master’s diplomas (Center City graduates) the University will only reprint your diploma if it was damaged. The damaged diploma will need to be returned to the University prior to a new one being issued.
- Your Social Security number
- The month and year of your graduation
- The degree that you were awarded and the program you completed
- The address where you would like the diploma sent (please note: diplomas cannot be mailed to P.O. Boxes)
- Current phone number
- Current email address
Along with the notarized letter, send checks payable to the Registrar’s Office. All forms of checks are acceptable. Mail both the notarized letter and the check to the Registrar’s Office corresponding to the campus you attended.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s diplomas—$50
- PhD, MD, or Master’s diplomas—$90
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s diplomas—may take up to three weeks
- PhD, MD, or Master’s diplomas—may take six to nine weeks, because an outside vendor is contracted by the University to reprint these diplomas.
Celebrating the Class of 2020
Under extraordinary circumstances, Jefferson graduates look back – and ahead to the future.
Commencement 2020 Virtual Ceremonies
Ceremony 1: Undergraduate (East Falls Campus)
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences (East Falls Campus)
- Humanities and Sciences
- Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce
- School of Business
- School of Design and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- School of Continuing Professional Studies
Ceremony 2: Undergraduate (Center City), Graduate
- Health Professions (Graduate and Center City Undergraduate)
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Graduate)
- School of Continuing Professional Studies (Graduate)
Ceremony 3: Jefferson College of Nursing (Undergraduate & Graduate)
Ceremony 4: Graduate
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
- Life Sciences
Ceremony 5: Graduate
- Architecture and the Built Environment (Graduate)
- Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce (Graduate)
- Population Health
Celebrate the Class of 2020 from home! Choose from a selection of printer-friendly signs so you can cover your house in Jefferson pride:
- Celebration Sign: 8.5' x 11' (PDF)
- Celebration Sign: 11' x 17' (PDF)
- Celebration Sign: 24' x 18' (PDF)
And don't forget to share your pictures with us! Tag them with #JeffersonGrad2020
Academic Honors Information
To assure continuity among campuses, all full-time undergraduate students who meet the following grade-point-average (GPA) threshold below shall receive Latin Honors* upon graduation in recognition of their achievement:
- Cum Laude: 3.50 - 3.64
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.65 - 3.79
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.80 or above
SPECIAL NOTICE as of MARCH 2020: To graduate with honors, the student must complete a minimum of 60 credits in a bachelor's degree program or 30 credits in an associate degree program, earn at least 50% of these credits in graded courses (non-Pass/Fail), and achieve a cumulative grade point average as listed above. The GPA is calculated on grades earned in Jefferson courses only. Transfer courses are not included.
Honors are based on the cumulative GPA from Fall for undergraduate students completing their degree in May and August of the following year. Honors reflected on students’ transcripts and diplomas will be based on the actual cumulative GPA at the time of degree completion.
*Only undergraduate students are eligible for Latin Honors.