About the College
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
With a commitment to educating the next generation of leaders for a sustainable future, the College of Architecture and the Built Environment’s guiding principles include:
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Social and Ethical Responsibility
- Stewardship of the Environment
- Design Excellence and Creativity
- Global Perspective
- Cultural Diversity
We Improve Lives – Designing & Building a Better World
To be recognized as the educational leader in transformative design and building.
The College of Architecture and the Built Environment is committed to educating the next generation of design and construction professionals to create an equitable and sustainable future.
We are committed to providing:
- The Jefferson Nexus Learning approach that includes an active, collaborative, real-world experience, informed by applied research and critical inquiry infused with the liberal arts.
- An educational environment that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation.
- A unique combination of disciplines providing an unparalleled opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A student-centered approach to a professional education taught by highly accomplished faculty.
- A balance between theory and practice with a focus on design excellence and making.
- Curricula structured to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for global sustainable practice.
- Engagement with the professional community and industry partners in one of the greatest cities in North America.