Graduate Certificate in Real Estate Development
College of Architecture & the Built Environment
Call to ActionsApply Request Information
For graduates of professional programs, including Architecture, Interior Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Construction Management, Sustainable Design, Business Administration, etc. seeking to build their knowledge-base and credentials in the field of real estate development, a customized portfolio of four courses is available, leading to a 12-credit hour Graduate Certificate in Real Estate Development.
Professionals working in the Real Estate Development industry who would like to update their knowledge of new and emerging techniques and concepts will also benefit from the 12-credit hour Graduate Certificate program. Classes are offered in the evening to coordinate with work schedules. Students have the option of designing their own curriculum or they can follow the suggested model below.
Certificate in Real Estate Development Curriculum
- MRE-601 The Sustainable Development Process
- MRE-615 Real Estate Finance and Investment
- MRE-638 Sustainable Affordable Housing
- MRE-620 Case Study Studio: Urban Revitalization
Total Credit Hours: 12 credits
The Graduate Certificate in Real Estate Development is a STEM designated program (CIP Code 04.0902).
Using Philadelphia and its environs, prepare to address real estate development projects ranging from the single buildings to entire districts. Learn to address economic, social, and ecological issues when developing commercial, industrial, institutional or residential projects for the 21st century. Graduates will have keen insight to invigorating communities and shaping healthy places to live, work, and play through environmentally sensitive new development, and rehabilitation and redevelopment of historic buildings and neighborhoods.
- Focus upon projects of various scales - from single building and neighborhood revitalization, to commercial, institutional and healthcare development.
- Apply "green" planning principles, as outlined by the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Learn from a faculty of industry experts who provide real-world insight to sustainable practices, legal aspects of land-use, city and regional planning, construction science and management.