Green Building Operations
The Graduate Certificate in Green Building Operations is designed to educate students about the design and management of mainstream green buildings. With this extremely flexible graduate certificate you will aquire the specific skills and knowledge that perfectly compliment your career goals.
You wil start with the foundational course: Principles for Sustainable design and then choose three (3) courses from a list of possible courses. The MSSD faculty will advise you to help select the best courses for your career. This program is primarily offered online, but it is possible to complete the Certificate on-campus. This Certificate can be started in any semester.
Scholarships are available.
- Principles of Sustainable Design or Elective – 3 credits
Select three courses from the following that best meet your career objectives:
- Adaptive and Resilient Design Basics
- Sustainable Systems for Green Buildings
- Life Cycle and Green Materials
- BIM for Sustainable Design
- Practicum in Sustainability
- Environments for Well-Being (on-campus only)
- Ecology and Making (on-campus only)
- Case Study: Sustainable Affordable Housing
- Construction Environmental Management
SEMESTER ONE: 6 credits
What is sustainability and why is it essential for the future of humanity? Learn how to analyze and articulate the sustainability imperative across four dimensions—ecology, economy, experience, and equity—while examining sustainability considerations at multiple scales in the built environment, from cities and regions to individual buildings and interiors.
Select your first course listed above to meet your career goals.