- Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Health Professions
- Program Director, Masters of Health Professions Education
- Director, Phase 3, Sidney Kimmel Medical College Thomas Jefferson University
The MS in Healthcare Professions Education consists of 12 courses and total of 30 credits. This program can be completed in two years with other flexible schedules offered to accommodate students’ needs.
The innovative curriculum includes courses in the traditional core domains for health professions education programs (Teaching & Learning, Curriculum Development, Evaluation and Assessment, Education Research, Leadership & Management) and novel courses covering Simulation, Interprofessional Education, Diversity and Education Law. The program will be offered by Institute of Emerging Health Professions/Jefferson College of Health Professions in collaboration with Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
- Adult Learning in Health Professions (2 credits)
- Curriculum & Instructional Design (2 credits)
- Program Assessment & Evaluation (2 credits)
- Educational Leadership & Management (2 credits)
- Educational Research & Scholarship (2 credits)
- Simulation for Health Professions Education (3 credits)
- Interprofessional Education & Collaborative Practice in Healthcare (3 credits)
- Health Professions Education Capstone I & II (1 credit each)
- Development, Management, & Evaluation of Residency Programs (3 credits)
- Assessment & Remediation of Residents & Program Evaluation (2 credits)
- Diversity in Health Professions Education (2 credits)
- Faculty Development & Mentorship (2 credits)
- Health Professions Education & the Law (3 credits)
- Instructional Technology & Learning (2 credits)
- Foundation of Biostatical Methods (3 credits)
- Residency/Fellowship PLA (1-3 credits)
Students in this program have the flexibility to choose which course to take each semester and in what order to take them. Students may enroll into the program in fall, spring, or summer, and can choose between full-time and part-time options to complete the required credits.