College of Life Sciences
Master of Science
Call to ActionsApply Request Information
Program Director/Academic Advisor
The MS Program in Clinical Research prepares students for careers in the multi-disciplinary field of Clinical Research.
Application Process & Deadlines
Applications for our Master's Programs are considered on a rolling-admissions basis throughout the year, and newly matriculated students may begin coursework in any academic term.
A decision is typically reached two to three weeks from the time the application is complete.
The Master of Science in Clinical Research was created to prepare students for the wide array of career opportunities in the clinical research industry. This program is well suited for career changers with a background in life, physical or clinical sciences that would like to break into the field of clinical research. It is also appropriate for individuals already in the industry and looking for additional graduate-level training.
The field of clinical research is rapidly expanding and knowledgeable professionals are needed to coordinate, manage, and administer clinical trials. This master of science degree will provide students with the foundation needed to be successful in the field of clinical research.
Students completing the MS in Clinical Research will:
- Understand the experimental design, statistical analysis and interpretation, and regulatory and ethical issues pertaining to human clinical research and trials.
- Be able to read, understand, and critique published reports of clinical trials.
- Acquire management skills that will enable them to successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams involved in clinical research projects.
- Be prepared for employment in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as academic and hospital clinical research settings.
Prospective students with an interest in learning how to operate and manage clinical trials should also be:
- Graduates of baccalaureate programs in basic sciences, nursing, health professions, engineering, or business
- Graduates or students of professional programs (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, law)
- Graduates or students of doctoral or post-doctoral programs.
- Graduates of the Certificate in Clinical Trials: Operations program