Advanced Practice Certificates
Each certificate consists of four graduate-level courses that total 12 credits and can be completed part-time over 9 - 16 months. Most certificates are 100% online. Design in Healthcare Delivery and Hand and Upper Limb Rehabilitation require some weekend, on-campus coursework.
- Coaching in Context - The Coaching in Context Advanced Practice Certificate (APC) is designed for inter-disciplinary professionals with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a desire to use coaching as an approach within their practice.
- Emerging as Leaders in Autism Practice & Research - This certificate offers professionals advanced knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and skills for working with persons who have ASD.
- Hand & Upper Limb Rehabilitation - This advanced practice certificate is designed for physical or occupational therapists who wish to participate in the advanced study of the rehabilitation of the hand and upper limb.
- Life Care Planning Graduate Certificate This graduate certificate is designed for inter-disciplinary professionals who have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree seeking to develop or contribute to Life Care Plans or pursue board-certified Life Care Planning designation.
- Neuroscience: Advanced Concepts for Evidence Based Practice - This advanced practice certificate is designed for registered and licensed occupational therapists, who wish to participate in advanced study of neuroscience and neuro-based rehabilitation intervention strategies.
- Teaching in the Digital Age - This specialty certificate offers rehabilitation professionals fundamental knowledge and skills to teach curricula in schools and other applied settings.
- Using Design in Healthcare Delivery - This advanced practice certificate is for practicing OT practitioners and other healthcare professionals to use design principles to enhance their practice and expand interprofessional collaborative opportunities.