Emerging as Leaders in Autism Practice & Research
College of Rehabilitation Sciences
Call to ActionsApply Request Information
- Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy
- Director, Jefferson Autism Center of Excellence
This advanced practice certificate offers registered and licensed occupational therapists advanced knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and skills for working with persons who have ASD. Courses are taught by experts in the field.
- Four graduate-level courses (a total of 12 credits; 3 credits/course)
- Certificate can be completed in 16 months
- All courses are 100% online
- Courses are designed to interface with our PP-OTD Program and may be used for graduate credit toward a Doctorate degree.
- Students use the latest distance learning tools, including discussion boards, synchronous online presentations, and live chat.
- Students have access to professional literature through the Scott Memorial Library and experts on topics such as motor learning, sensory integration, and constrained-induced movement therapy
Tuition & Financial Aid
Emerging as Leaders in Autism Practice & Research is a graduate-level program with tuition charged per credit to allow for flexibility in pursuit of this certificate. Please visit the University's Tuition Information page for more information about programmatic tuition and fees.
JCRS Alumni Tuition Discount Program
Graduates from a degree-granting program in the Jefferson College of Rehabilitation Sciences (JCRS) will be eligible for the JCRS Alumni Tuition Discount Program. The program provides a 25% tuition discount for the PP-OTD and Advanced Practice Certifications within JCRS.
Advanced Education Grants
The Advanced Education Grant (AEG) provides tuition reductions to eligible students who require financial support to complete an Advanced Practice Certificate. Students eligible for an AEG receive minimal or no tuition assistance or continuing education funds from their employers and can articulate the value of earning this degree to their professional trajectory showing their promise as a change agent within their profession or their organization. International students are encouraged to apply.
Any admitted student who believes they are eligible for an AEG should complete and submit an application form by emailing it to the program contact, Alison.Bell@jefferson.edu.
Employee Tuition Reimbursement
Your employers may have funds budgeted to pay for tuition, either as tuition reimbursement programs or continuing education funds.