Innovation Labs Contact
Applying Ergonomics to Promote Wellness for School Students & Staff
Weekly online learning activities
Access to supplemental materials and external resources
3 Virtual Sessions on selected Wednesdays
- September 20 | 7:00-8:30 pm
- September 27th & October 4th | 7:00-8:15 pm
Contact Hours: 6
Fee: $100 ($75 for Jefferson alumni, fieldwork educator, or student)
Facilitator: Sara Loesche, MS, OTR/L, CHT, CEAS
This virtual lab describes ways occupational therapy practitioners can identify ergonomic risk factors for both students and staff in school settings including solutions oriented conversations about focusing on the person, environment, or occupation to build healthy habits and promote wellness. Specific topics such as backpack awareness, improving body mechanics and spine health, and analyzing instructional spaces and devices will be discussed.
- Ergonomic risk factors, neutral postures, and person-environment-occupation model application
- Identifying risk factors and problem-solving solutions for student
- Identifying risk factors and problem-solving solutions for school personnel
- Brainstorming opportunities and barriers for occupational therapy practitioners to implement ergonomic programs in school-based settings
- Weekly online learning activities
- 3 Virtual Sessions
- Access to supplemental resources
How to Regiser
Please read all directions below before registration.
- Click on the Register Today button that follows.
- Select ADD BILL to begin the Registration and Payment Process.
- Select "Innovations Lab" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your name, email address, and Jefferson alumni/fieldwork educator (Yes/No)
- Enter $100 in the amount ($75 for Jefferson alumni, fieldwork educator, or student)
- Select SAVE
- Select PAY to enter your payment information in a secure location.
- You will receive an email confirming your payment.
Registrants will receive a welcome email and associated Innovations Lab links to the learning platform approximately 5 days prior to the Lab start date. If you do not receive the welcome email, please contact Katherine.DeClerico@jefferson.edu.