JeffSecure Emergency Fund
Examples of immediate critical needs for which JeffSecure may be able to provide short-term support include, but are not limited to:
Food insecurity (Short-term and reoccurring)
- Jefferson Ramily Market
- Center City Flyer (PDF)
- East Falls Flyer (PDF)
- Food store cards
- Non-perishable food supplies
Unavoidable or Unforeseen Emergencies
- Travel or transportation of a student or a student's belongings home due to family emergency or death
- Mental health co-pays
- Lost or stolen academic-related materials
- Shelter as a result of an unsafe living situation
- Expenses to assure academic progressions
- Computer support for students in immediate need
- Curricular materials (e.g. books, design materials, class materials, software)
This fund is not intended to reimburse expenses that have already been paid (with the exception of emergency travel costs), nor is it intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid.
JeffSecure does not support:
- Tuition, fees, health insurance or study abroad costs
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets
- Entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Other anticipated expenses
JeffSecure is intended to minimize immediate critical needs as a result of unanticipated financial stress. Students will receive communication by email following their application, and may be asked to provide additional clarifying information. All applicants will be required to meet with a member of the JeffSecure Committee to discuss their situation in further detail.
The JeffSecure Committee will review all requests on a weekly basis. Please note that the Committee will consult with the University Financial Aid Office regarding requests for funds.
JeffSecure funding, if approved:
- may take up to two weeks (from date of approval) to disburse
- may require completion of a W-9 form
- will only be granted once per matriculated student
- does not have to be repaid
Click this link to: submit an application.
Students will receive communication by email following their application, and may be asked to provide additional clarifying information. All applicants will be required to meet with a member of the JeffSecure Committee to discuss their situation in further detail.
How is JeffSecure related to financial aid?
JeffSecure is not intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid. Please note, however, that the JeffSecure Committee will consult with the University Financial Aid Office regarding all requests for funds.
How long will it take to receive funding?
JeffSecure funding, if approved, may take up to two weeks (from date of approval) to disburse.
How much money can I receive through JeffSecure?
JeffSecure funds are currently limited to $600 per student and will only be granted once per matriculated student. It does not need to be repaid but may require a student to fill out a W9.
Ramily Market (Center City & East Falls Locations)
The Ramily Market at Jefferson is a no-cost food pantry dedicated to assuring that all our students have regular access to healthy, nutritious foods necessary for a balanced diet and academic success. It is designed to supplement a student’s food supply up to twice a month.
Numerous recent studies have identified that food insecurity is a major problem on college campus across the country and the Ramily Market hopes to end that concern for our students.
The support provided by the Ramily Market will allow students to focus on achieving their goals rather than worrying about their next meal.
Supported by the Division of Student Affairs
To place an order, use the Qualtrics form available in the Ramily Market section of Jefferson’s Canvas page. The form is live Monday at 5 p.m. and closes Thursday at 5 p.m.
This allows the market staff to re-stock items, maintain inventory and assure that the selection is consistent. All pre-orders can be picked up on Mondays from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Thursdays between 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. Alternative arrangements can be made if the designated times do not work with your schedule.
Students are also encouraged to stop by the Ramily Market during our “drop in” hours, where they can chose from the physical selection available during that time.
*Inventory and available items will vary.
To access the Ramily Market section:
- Log into the Jefferson Canvas Page using your campus key & password
- Click on “Jefferson Division of Student Affairs”
- Click on “Ramily Market CC”
- Click on “Ramily Market Order Form”
The Market is located in the Martin Building, Rooms 135/136:
201 South 11th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
To contact us directly, please email us at CenterCityFoodPantry@jefferson.edu.
Supported by the Office of Student Engagement: Diversity and Community Service
Ramily Market is where Rams in need can access FREE non-perishable food and other personal hygiene items to fuel their SUCCESS.
The Ramily Market-East Falls operates in three forms:
- Ramily Market-East Falls physical location: Located in Kanbar Campus Center in room 205 behind the information desk.
- The a Ramily-Cart Model:
- Complete the Ramily-Cart Form (all information is kept confidential for office use only)
- Select a designated pick-up location and time.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays after 5 p.m.
- Kanbar Front Desk and Ramily Market or Kanbar 301
- Pick-up your personal bag full of selected items (bags are designated with personal pickup numbers)
- Minimal Financial Support: Students who have dietary restrictions or specific needs should email Everette Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online assistance form.
Always in Stock:
- Whole wheat sandwich bread
- Whole grain muffin/Pancake mix
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Quinoa Pasta (including Gluten free options)
- Multigrain cracker (Gluten free)
- Cold Cereal (Life cereal, Cherrios, Rice Chex)
Fruit and Vegetables
- Fruitcups (Peaches, Pears; packed in juice, no syrup)
- Canned Vegetables (Corn, Diced tomatoes, Green Beans; Current seasonal veg: Yams)
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Frozen Vegetables (Broccoli, Mixed)
- Frozen Fruit (Mixed Berries, Tropical fruit)
- Lara Bars (Dried Fruit and nutbars)
- Reduced sugar jam
- Canned Beans (Chickpeas, Pinto Beans, White beans)
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Chili (Vegetarian)
- Peanut Butter
- Sun butter