Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Technology for Geodesign
Check out our MS in Geospatial Technology for Geodesign program director Jim Querry highlighted on Esri's ArcGIS blog!
The twelve-credit Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Technology for Geodesign will prepare students to assume leadership technology roles in the use of 3D parametric modeling and advanced GIS applied to the allied design professions including Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Planning and Engineering. The mission of the Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Technology for Geodesign is to enable students with a broad range of practice-oriented proficiencies in these cutting-edge technologies for design.
The following are Core (required) and remaining (elective) courses for the Certificate, although course substitutions are possible at the discretion of the Program Director. The Certificate in Geospatial Technology for Geodesign requires the completion of a total of 12 credits (4 courses):
Core Courses for the Certificate (required courses):
- GEOD-610 Introduction to GIS * - 3 CR
- GEOD-600 3D Modeling for Geodesign - 3 CR
- GEOD-616 Information Modeling - 3 CR
Choose remaining course(s) from the following:
- GEOD-615 Advanced GIS for Landscape Analysis - 3 CR
- GEOD-617 Advanced GIS for Urban Planning and Development - 3 CR
- GEOD-625 Internet GIS Tech for Design and Development - 3 CR
* Note – for students with prior GIS experience, this Intro GIS course may be waived at the discretion of the Program Director and another course substituted.
Geospatial Technology for Geodesign Certificate is a STEM designated program (CIP Code 11.0804).
In this highly innovative program, next generation designers of the built environment learn through a combination of advanced geospatial technologies and sustainable design practices. You will work on real projects in a highly-collaborative fast-paced, hands-on learning environment. Upon graduation, you will have the skills necessary to address complex design and planning problems with powerful geospatial visualization and analysis tools that foster meaningful collaboration among other build environment design professionals.
- Work with state-of-the-art geospatial 3D technologies to model complex urban environments.
- Gain hands-on experience working on real projects for real clients.
- Prepare to become leaders and innovators in solving 21st century design and planning challenges.